3 months post op on BL/BA and a pimple showed up on my incision site! (Photo)

I have had a more than perfect experience up to this point. I don't know what happened. I went to the gym today, the came home took my bra off and I had a white filled slightly raised pimple on my areola. I am not experiencing any pain, itching or discomfort. It's just leaking a watery blood fluid and it looks like I have. Hole there now. What do I do?

3 months post op on BL/BA and a pimple showed up on my incision site

It appears there is  a small stitch abscess. That is not uncommon and odes happen many weeks after the surgery. I suggest cleaning it with half-strength peroxide and apply Neosporin. I also suggest you see your surgeon soon so they can monitor its progress.

Post op problems

It looks like you may have a suture that eroded through the skin.  I would return to your plastic surgeon so hey can evaluate it

3 months post op on BL/BA and a pimple showed up on my incision site!

The photo shows that a buried suture has worked its way up through the skin, If this is a single absorbable type of suture the area will heal in a few days. But it looks like you had a Benelli lift and if this is the permanent Benelli suture you will need to see your surgeon and have it removed. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

It looks like you have a spitting suture.   suture that worked it way out through the skin, before it dissolved.  

Thank you for your question.Despite good intentions, online consultants will not be able to provide you (in any responsible fashion) with specific enough advise to be truly helpful. Given your concerns, you'll be best off seeking follow-up with your plastic surgeon, earlier that already scheduled if necessary, for in person evaluation.

Best of Luck!!

Suture spitting

Hi.  From the photo, it looks like you are spitting a suture.  This is not uncommon, and resolves once the suture remnant is removed.  Best to check in with your surgeon.

Pimple on incision 3 months after surgery

This appears to possibly be a suture that did not completely dissolve.  I quick visit to your plastic surgeons office for an evaluation and instructions on taking care of the area.  Good luck.

Eric Schaffer, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

"Pimple" on incision

You should have your surgeon take a look for piece of mind and any wound care that is indicated.  This is likely what is known as a suture granuloma (a stitch that has worked its way out).  This usually heals up with conservative measures.  

Todd C. Case, MD
Tucson Plastic Surgeon

Spitting suture

It appears from your photograph that you have what we call a "spitting suture". Here, a dissolvable suture has worked its way to the surface before it has completely dissolved. Your plastic surgeon should be able to remove the remnant of the suture and maybe place a medication in the area that will help consolidate and heal the whole. Best of luck.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Most likely a stich

It looks like you have a "spitting" suture.  Most sutures will dissolve but some will work their way through the skin.  Call your surgeon's office and they will remove it and it will heal.

Best Wishes,

Nana Mizuguchi, MD

Nana N. Mizuguchi, MD, FACS

It is important to contact your surgeon.

The best thing for you to do is to return to see your surgeon.  It is not easy to tell the type of breast lift that you underwent, but he or she may have used a permanent suture where you wound is to help hold things together.  If that is the case, you will need a little different (and more dedicated) management of your problem.

Provided you instead are simply experiencing one of the absorbable sutures protruding, that's a pretty quick fix for your surgeon.

Definitely don't ignore any drainage of pus or the development of redness around the wound.  Those would be signs of an infection.