When is it it safe for sex?

I am 14 day post op and my husband and I have already been having sex..he is always grabbing by breast..will this hurt me an any way

Sex after BA

Thank you for your question.  Always best to follow the advice of your surgeon.  In general, after 2 weeks you should be fine.  As always, gentle with the breast for the first 4 weeks while they heal.  

Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

When is it it safe for sex?

Thank you for your question. We normally recommend no physical activity for 6 weeks, however, every surgeon has their own protocols. Please speak with your chosen surgeon. Regards, 

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Sex after breast augmentation surgery

It's best to ask your surgeon, but I tell my breast augmentation patients that they should abstain from sex for a full week after surgery. Sexual activity could raise their blood pressure and cause bleeding around the implants. At the first postoperative visit, I examine them to make sure they are healing well before I give them the go-ahead. I also tell them that it's best to wait at least three weeks before “being a little rough”; then they should listen to their body. They might feel sore or uncomfortable, but it won’t harm their implants – unless their partner can squeeze their breasts with significantly more force than a mammogram does. For more information on this and similar topics, I recommend a plastic surgery Q&A book like "The Scoop On Breasts: A Plastic Surgeon Busts the Myths."

Ted Eisenberg, DO, FACOS
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon

Sex after surgery.

Hello,  thank you for your sharing your question.   Restrictions of all important physical activities (including sex) after surgery is advised in order to prevent further complications.   Hematomas,  seromas and open wounds are just some of the things you can avoid by stopping those sexual activities.  Have a great day. 

Derby Sang Caputo, MD

Post Op Activity Restriction

I recommend that you discuss post op activity restrictions and safety concerns with your Plastic Surgeon as each Surgeon has their own preferred protocols and they will know your situation the best.
Take care

When is it it safe for sex?

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. Your plastic surgeon will always be your best resource when it comes to specific instructions in regards to returning to activities. Generally speaking, best to limit strenuous activity for at least 2 weeks after breast augmentation surgery, assuming you are doing well and there have been no complications. Care should be taken during the first one to two weeks after surgery not to allow for elevation of heart rate, blood pressure, and/or direct trauma/contact to the chest wall.  Again, address your specific questions/concerns to your plastic surgeon, who knows your situation best, and is ultimately responsible for your care.  If I were your plastic surgeon, I would advise that your husband refrain from "grabbing" for the first two months after the procedure was performed  Best wishes.