Considering cosmetic surgery to re-ignite motivation and hope. Can this be done? (Photos)

I underwent gastric sleeve surgery in August 2014 with a starting weight of 317lbs at 5'8". I have since lost approximately 70lbs and have plateaued at 245lbs. I work out 3-5 days a week and maintain a reasonably deathly diet. I recently worked out 5days a week for 6months w/ 1600calorie intake daily. I lost 3lbs. Would like vaser/smart Lipo of abs,back and thighs. I don't want to be thin just want to contour body to be more asthetically pleasing. Can this be done?

Full body vaser lipo + Tummy Tuck

Thanks for submitting your photos.Based on the photos my opinion is a full body vaser liposuction and tummy tuck procedure will give an optimal result and makes you happy.Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon.Good luck

Turkey Plastic Surgeon

VASER Hi Definition Liposuction / Body Contouring with Fat Grafting -- Tummy Tuck

Additional weight loss combined with liposuction and tummy tuck will provide optimal results. I suggest losing as much as possible first, then proceeding with a VASER HI DEF contouring procedure. Best, Dr. Emer.

Body Sculpting Options

Thank you for your question and photos and congratulations on keeping the weight off!  What you seek can certainly be done, but you will have to consider a few options.  From your photos, it is clear that you have loose skin, which is very common in anyone who has lost a lot of weight.  Liposuction, regardless of what type (Vaser, SmartLipo, etc) will not result in sufficient skin tightening, but will reduce areas where there is still some fat.  The best results will be obtained with some type of skin removal surgery.  These can be coupled with liposuction, which is what I would recommend.  You may be a candidate for skin excision both from the abdomen and lower back (called a "body lift," or "belt lipectomy"), but at minimum, I would recommend a tummy tuck.

Liposuction For Weight Loss Plateau?

First off, congratulations on your weight loss!! For continued weight loss success, you may want to consult with a nutritionist to identify the foods that may not be allowing your body to let go of that excess weight - intake of soy, dairy, gluten, sugar, GMO foods, etc. may be slowing your progress. A nutritionist can take your "reasonably" healthy diet to one that truly helps your body release that excess fat. As for treating the areas you are concerned about with liposuction, it definitely can be done. There are many patients who use liposuction as a jumping off point or kickstart to improve their physique, however, liposuction is not a substitute for exercise or heathy eating habits. For you in particular, liposuction will reduce the volume of fat in your abdominal area externally, but it won't treat any intra-abdominal fat. This is the fat on the inside of your abdomen surrounding your organs. This intra-abdominal fat causes your abdomen to be rounded and not flat. Extra intra-abdominal fat is a dietary issue. Furthermore, you have loose skin of your abdomen that will persist after liposuction. An abdominoplasty will remove this extra skin and the stretch marks that are present. You may also have persistent creases and skin folds in the back/bra line even after liposuction, though the fat volume will be reduced. If the extra skin bothers you after liposuction of your back, you may want to consider a bra line back lift. I always advise my female patients who are concerned about back fat to purchase bras that do not accentuate their back fat. Make sure you chest circumference is measured accurately and the bra is not squeezing you and pushing out your fat. Finally, with any surgical procedure, not just plastic surgery, it is best to be at a healthy weight for your height, specifically a non-obese BMI, in order to reduce the risk of complications and to enhance your final result. As always, an in-person evaluation will give you a more personalized plan. Keep up the good work and best of luck to you! 

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician

Procedures after weight loss

You are asking what type of liposculpture would work best for you  Liposuction is not a good option for people that have had massive weight loss. The main excess that you have his skin. This would only be treated by skin removal surgery. You need a full Abdominoplasty A back lift would improve the back. Because of your shorts  it is difficult to evaluate the status of your thighs. It is possible that liposarcoma loan may work there or you may need a lower body lift. You should consult a surgeon who is very experienced with body lift surgery after weight loss. If you just go to a liposuction clinic they will be happy to do it with very disappointing results 

Andrew Kaczynski, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Choosing the correct procedure

weight-loss patients usually need skin tightening procedures more than fat removal.
I believe 

I believe this is the case with you.

An extended or wraparound abdominoplasty would be the best procedure for you.

Mats Hagstrom M.D.

Mats Hagstrom, MD