Breast implants without a lift? What do you think?

One child, want implants and don't want full lift. Possibly get a nipple lift, during or after. Thinking about 350cc moderate profile mentors. Dimension from collar bone to nipples are 22 cm.

Do I need a lift with implants?

I agree with all of the other plastic surgeons that you should have a breast lift with your augmentation in order to achieve the best result. You should meet with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can examine you, listen to your desired goals, and then provide you with their plan to help you reach it.

Dr Edwards

Breast Implants | Possible Breast Lift

Thank you for your question about breast implants.

You appear to be right on the borderline of breast lift versus no lift with your breast implants.

To be sure, see two or more experienced, board-certified Plastic Surgeons in your area for a complete evaluation to make sure you are a good candidate and that it is safe for you to have surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Breast implants without a lift?

With the photos provided you are a great candidate for a lift with implants due to the significant ptosis. Please seek a PS with several before and after photos of patients who had a similar starting point as you.

Ron Hazani, MD, FACS
Beverly Hills General Surgeon

Breast lift with augmentation

As others have advised you. You should have a breast lift with augmentation. Imants alone do not lift a breast (even in the subglandular position).  They may look good initially but within a year or less will have "rock in a sock" look. Larger droopy breadts aren't better than small droopy breasts. Find a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon in your area who does multiple breast lift procedures annually. 

M. Bradley Calobrace, MD, FACS

Implants alone do not adequately lift the breast when there is significant sagging, no matter the size or the type, and will not produce a good cosmetic result in a patient who also needs some variation of a lift.

Keep in mind that following the advice from a surgeon on this or any other website who proposes to tell you exactly what to do without examining you, physically feeling the tissue,assessing yourdesired outcome, taking a full medical history, and discussing the pros and cons of each operative procedure would not be in your best interest. I would suggest your plastic surgeon be certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and ideally a member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS) that you trust and are comfortable with. You should discuss your concerns with that surgeon in person and be very realistic about your potential cosmetic result.

Robert Singer, MD FACS

La Jolla, California

Robert Singer, MD
La Jolla Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants or just implants

As others have stated, you need to have a breast lift done at the time of implant placement in order to get a nice shape and a good result.  Implants alone will not give you a desirable outcome. I think you will need a traditional breast lift and not a "nipple" lift.  Consult with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon in your area.  

Laurence Weider, MD

I think an implant alone will fill in the loose skin but will not reposition your breast any higher. It appears that you have some degree of sagging already and an implant above the muscle with or without the nipple lift will likely leave you saggier in the future. I think that eventually a breast lift will be required if you have implants placed at this time.

Julio Garcia, MD

Implant vs lift with implant

Hello. Thanks for your inquiry    I feel it would be best to have a small lift done. Even just "donut" type around the nipple.  You could always do the lift part at a later date also and just do the implant.  Good luck. Dr Lalla 

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift with implants

The best option for you is a breast lift with implant. The lift in your case is important to improve your breast shape. 

Remember that selecting a Plastic Surgeon takes time and effort. The key is to choose a reputable, qualified and certified surgeon.

Eduardo Gongora, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

While there are some women with breast ptosis (sagging) that will look okay with just an implant, your breast and chest shape make this a bad option for you. You have a significant amount of ptosis that will only improve with a lift, regardless of what size implant you choose.