I'm a transwoman and I was wondering if I need a doctor's letter to get vaginoplasty for reassignment surgery?

Therapist letters are required before vaginoplasty for reassignment surgery

The international standard is two letters from mental health providers.  THis is mostly to protect the patient from the potential of making a decisin they regret.  I hope this helps!

Rian A. Maercks M.D.

Letter of recommendation for vaginoplasty

In order to have a vaginoplasty, you would need two separate letters of recommendation from your therapists prior to surgery.  One of these should be from a therapist who has a doctorate degree.  You may also need a letter of medical clearance from your primary care physician.  Best wishes. 

Josef Hadeed, MD, FACS