My question is do I need to get a BA or BL+BA. (photos)

Breast implant with lift

Hello and thank you for your question. You are a great candidate for a breast lift with an implant.  The size of the implant is based on your desired breast size/shape, your chest wall measurements, and soft tissue quality.  This decision should be based on a detailed discussion with equal input from both you and your surgeon.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and evaluate their results.   The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

My question is do I need to get a BA or BL+BA.

It's a good question. To get a nice result with a breast implant, you do need to add a lift. The position of your nipple is below your crease and at the bottom of your breast a breast augmentation all by itself will not lift your nipple position, and the breast will sag while the implant remains high. A lift and implant can be performed at the same time. Sizing your implant is based on the width of your breast and discussion with your plastic surgeon about your personal goals.Make sure to see board-certified plastic surgeons when considering cosmetic breast surgery.

BA or BA and BL

HI Briget, You will need a breast lift if you want to have breast that are more uplifted and youthful looking. If you want breasts that are firmer as well, breast implants will help in this situation. I cannot judge the firmness of your breast from the photos alone, so a breast lift may possibly be all that you need.  I would suggest that you see a Board certified plastic surgeon in your area to get the best evaluation of your breasts and the most realistic options for surgery.Best,Dr. Christine Rodgers

Breast lift and implants, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection (the lift): Breast Augmentation w/Breast Lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Breast lift alone or with implants?

Thank you for your question. Breast lift surgery raises and firms the breasts by removing excess skin and tightening the surrounding tissue to reshape and support the new breast contour. A question I often ask is whether a patient is happy with her volume in a push up bra. If the answer is yes then a lift alone is often a good choice. If the answer is no and the patient desires more volume then we often choose to add an implant.  The key is working with an expert, board certified plastic surgeon to get the best plan for you.

Breast Lift with Implants

Hello, thanks for sending pictures and for your inquiry. If you want to achieve upper fullness you will need a breast lift (lollipop or anchor) with implants. Please make sure that you and your surgeon are on the same page. Don't forget to discuss all your concerns, options and expectations thoroughly. Have a safe and pleasant PS Journey!
Dr. Jaime Campos-Leon

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

If you want your look to be anywhere close to the pictures you posted, then i would for sure suggest a lift along with your augmentation. Currently your nipples are in a low position and would need to be moved back to the center of the breast. Also, a lift would help to rid you of so much sag. An implant without the lift would cause them to only sag further and would not correct your lack of upper pole fullness. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Lift for sure will help

Thanks for your question. You would do great with a lift to reposition the nipple areolar complex and reshape the breast. If you want to add some size/volume you can use a small implant. An implant alone is not an option b/c the nipple position is too low. The Vectra 3D imaging is very helpful to show this simulation. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Lift for sure

A lift is needed. Implants will make you bigger and give more upper breast fullness. You can do both operations at once or just do the lift and see how you like the results. You can always add an implant later if desired. I hope this helps,Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon