Wasting a syringe of Restylane and 25 units Botox??? (photos)

Had 2 vials of filler and 25 units Botox on 5/4. Love my lips, pebbling in chin area gone, but after calling 5/4 and speaking with front desk (they pulled my records) about lines back between brows, heavy, half moon, eyelids again, I was told it probably was not enough to make a difference! Well, my thoughts and wallet are wondering why not address issue at the time? I could have said because I don't want to buy 3 syringes today lets just do the lip and chin and saved $$$. Normal protocol?

Thorough communication is key to managing expectations with injectables.

Thank you for the photo, and I’m sorry you’re having such a negative experience with injectables. When the vertical lines between the eyebrows only occur when a frowning face is made, BOTOX® alone is usually sufficient because it prohibits the underlying muscles from contracting, which stops the wrinkle from being made. If these vertical lines exist even when you’re not making a facial expression, the use of a dermal filler may be needed to fill in the static lines in that area. This comprehensive approach is likely what you will need to get the results you’re looking for. With that said, complete and honest communication between you and your injector is essential. That’s the only way to ensure that he or she understands your concerns and that you understand what kind of improvement you can expect with your chosen treatments. Best of luck.

What to do for wrinkles and lines

Sorry you had such a poor outcome from your treatment. You should get a second opinion in person from a highly experienced doctor for detailed evaluation and proper guidance.
Good luck,

Fillers and Happiness

I suggest you see an expert and speak to them about your concerned.  You need a formal in person consultation to determine what is best for immediate and long term improvement.  Often people do too little to get optimal correction and are unhappy with the outcomes.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Persistent Glabella Wrinkles and Lines

Dear judegreeneyes:

Thanks for posting your photos!

In the last photo, the ability to create the single center wrinkle appears weaker. If you had not waited 10-14 days before first and last photos, you have not allowed Botox to optimize the results. Botox, Dysport and Xeomin require expert injection. Go to the most qualified injector available to you!

If you did wait 2 weeks following injection, this would be the best time to try intradermal hyaluronic acid gel fillers. The area between the brows is a high risk complication injection site and must be performed by a well experienced, skillful and talented preferably Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, Facial ENT or Dermatologist.

There are times when both injectibles are done at the same sitting but this is not optimal.

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Restylane and Botox - didn't get result I wanted

Thank you for asking about your Botox and filler injection.
  • It isn't possible to settle your dispute with your doctor -
  • It appears the chief problem is lack of response of the botox.
  • Botox is not a filler - it stops the muscle action that etches deep lines in some facial areas.
  • You have a very deep etched line between your brows - Botox was the right treatment.
  • It looks much less deep than it was to start - so the Botox is working.
  • The line is still there because Botox is not a filler - fillers are very dangerous in this area.
  • I suggest you have Botox every 3 months - in time your body is likely to heal the deep line.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Wasting a syringe of Restylane and 25 units Botox???

Under treatment with either toxins (BOTOX) or fillers is an issue of the patient wanting to bnotspend enough $$s to receive effective results. Thus you need t return for additional toxin injections SORRY. 

Botox and fillers for deep crease

Botox alone is likely not sufficient for a deeper crease in the glabella which is present "at rest."  Botox is not a filler and won't fill in the lines.  It works by relaxing the muscles that cause the line to form.  In the case of an etched-in crease, it is still helpful to do Botox but a filler will be required to fill in the crease for maximal improvement.  I prefer Belotero for this area, injected carefully and superficially.  The glabella is considered a higher risk area for filler complications so make sure that you see an experienced physician.
Regards,
Dr. Ort

Richard Ort, MD
Lone Tree Dermatologic Surgeon

Botox Result

The pre-treatment photos show very deep glabellar lines.  In a best case scenario, these lines will be softened but not eliminated by 25 units of Botox.  In situations such as these, I recommend use of a filler such as Belotero or Restylane to concurrently treat these lines. The Botox will need to be repeated, but often the filler does not.  This is not an FDA indication for any filler, so you need to see a Doctor with expertise in injecting such areas.

Stephen Prendiville, MD
Fort Myers Facial Plastic Surgeon

Lines treated with Botox...

Thank you for your question.  Botox may take up to two weeks to show an effect, you are posting your glabellar pics 6 days post injections.  Additionally, your glabellar lines are deeply etched, while the Botox will soften them it will not completely eliminate them.  Please wait at least another week and if still dissatisfied follow up with your board certified Dermatologist for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon