Would a tummy tuck be a good option for me? (Photos)

I am a 23 year old woman who is around 100-105 pounds, 5 foot, and I don't lead a particularly active lifestyle. All my life, even when I weighed a lot less than I do now, I've had this pooch on my lower belly that absolutely infuriates me. I used to work out constantly, and diet until I was very underweight, and I still had the pooch. Nothing helped! Would a tummy tuck or some other procedure be a good option for me?

Find the right surgeon

ar more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Liposuction may be a more appropriate option for you.

Hello, and thanks for your question. Based on your photos and description, it looks like you may benefit more from liposuction rather than a full tummy tuck. Liposuction can remove small pockets of exercise-resistant fat, such as what you’re describing in your abdominal area. A tummy tuck, on the other hand, addresses excess or loose skin and muscle tissue, which doesn’t seem to be a concern for you. I would suggest consulting a board-certified plastic surgeon in your area to get a more detailed assessment of your needs and to discuss your cosmetic goals to determine the best solution for you.

Muscle tightening without a formal tummy tuck will give you flatter abdomen

You do not need tummy tuck. You hardly need anything since you already have a beautifull stomach profile. However, if you are bothered by slight bulge in your lower abdomen and want it to go away, it can be done. It will require plication of lower abdominal muscles without any skin excision. It will leave behind a scar in your lower abdomen. 

Vasdev Rai, MD

Liposuction candidate

Thank you for your question. You don´t seem to need a tummy tuck to fix this area, liposuction can lean down that trouble spot with minimal scarring compared to a tummy tuck procedure. The ideal candidate for liposuction are thinner patients with isolated areas of fat like yourself. Liposuction is a very powerful technique in the right hands, and can have dramatic results in a variety of areas and a in a variety of patients. Fat can then be removed to a]strategically sculpt the body and accentuate feminine curves.  The skin then retracts over the new shape to give the final result. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  A key quality indicator is Board Certification by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Stubborn fat to lower abdomen

Judging by your photos you are a great candidate for either liposuction or CoolSculpting to your lower abdomen.  In liposuction a tiny incision is made to place the cannula beneath the skin of the area to be treated, and fat cells are vacuumed out of the body through the tube. Treatment can be successfully performed on multiple problem areas during the same liposuction procedure. This requires general anesthesia in a hospital setting followed by use of a compression garment.  There is some down time following this procedure including a moderate amount of swelling and bruising, and therefore the anticipated result will not be apparent for at least a few weeks. CoolSculpting is a non-invasive way to lose areas of excess, stubborn fat. This innovative technology targets and cools unwanted fat cells in the selected area to produce a decrease in fat.  By “freezing the fat”, a natural reduction of contour will result as the cells disintegrate over the following weeks. This procedure is done in the office while the patient sits comfortably in a reclining chair, reading a magazine, working on a laptop or just relaxing. Hope this helps, good luck! 

Brian S. Glatt, MD, FACS
Morristown Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck

Based on your photos, I would not recommend a tummy tuck. If the "pooch" bothers you, you could try a non-invasive approach with CoolSculpting or a less invasive approach liposuction. Best wishes.

Tummy Tuck/Abdominoplasty/Liposuction/Vaser High Definition Procedures/Tummy Tuck Revision

Thank you for your question. From your photos, you appear to be an excellent candidate for Vaser Hi definition liposculpture with fat grafting to the buttocks.  You should get a great result from liposculpture, giving you a more contoured and hourglass shape with better projection to your buttocks. I have done many body contouring procedures and specialize in Vaser Hi Definition liposculpture. Vaser Hi Definition body sculpting requires extensive specialized training. I am one of few surgeons in the United States that was personally trained by Dr. Alfredo Hoyos, the surgeon that developed this technique. Vaser Hi Definition liposuction uses the concepts of negative and positive spaces in relation to the underlying bony and muscle anatomy to define areas such as your six pack and create an athletic looking physique. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Which Body Contouring Procedure for me?

You already have a figure a lot of women would envy. However, with the history you give I think you would greatly benefit from High Definition Liposuction/Liposculptute which would not only get rid of the pooch but uncover and define the already existing abdominal wall muscles. 
The key is to find an experienced, board certified Plastic surgeon to do your procedure. Every town is filled with family practice and other non Plastic surgeons claiming to be "just as good or better". The reality is different and you may highly regret it. 
Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Mini scar tummy tuck

thank you for your question. From your pictures it appears that you have good quality skin. If your tummy muscles are in good condition all you would need is liposuction of your tummy. If your tummy muscles are stretched you would be a good candidate for a mini Scar tummy tuck ( Which I helped to pioneer ). Please watch the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

You concerns could easily be addressed with liposuction. This could even be done in an office setting while awake. Avoid doctors who are not board certified in plastic surgery.