Can a tummy tuck be combined with a BBL?

Tummy Tuck and a BBL

Thank you for your question. Yes, having a Tummy Tuck and BBL in the same procedure is safe, if done by a board certified plastic surgeon. Just remember the recovery time is going to be a bit more of a pain, however if you desire both surgeries I would recommend getting them done together. Best of luck!Dhaval M. Patel Double board certified Plastic surgeon Hoffman Estates Barrington Oakbrook Chicago 

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Multiple procedures, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us. For safety reasons, to be a good candidate for the procedures you want at the same time, your labs and cardiovascular preoperative evaluation must be optimal. Therefore, you must be a healthy person, within an appropriate BMI and no history of diseases that increase the surgical / anesthetic risk degree. Finally, I recommend you a skilled certified plastic surgeon in body contouring surgery and experienced in cases like yours where the planned operating time is less than five hours. Respectfully, Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Yes you can

Yes one can perform both surgeries together assuming the patient is healthy and your surgeon is comfortable performing both at the same time.  You may also ask your doctor to have you speak to one or two patients who have had both procedures done at the same time.

Andre Aboolian, MD

Tummy tuck and BBL

Thank you for your question. Yes, these two procedures are commonly done together, Combination procedures are safe and very effective in the right hands.  The surgeon HAS to be an expert in EACH procedure and must have a lot of experience in performing combination procedures and can minimize the operative time. Combination procedures can give powerful results but SAFETY is KEY.  You definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Don’t settle for less than a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Tummy tuck works against the BBL

The problem with doing them together is that when you have a tummy tuck you have to lie down with your buttocks in the bed or lounge chair.  When you take fat from one area of the body, you have just stripped the fat cell of all its blood supply, oxygen, and food.  Then you take these cells and put it in an area and expect blood vessels to grow into the cell within 3 to 5 days.  If the vessels don't then the fat cell dies.  Pressure on an area where fat cell have been grafted is bad because it collapses the blood vessel in the area of the fat graft, therefore limiting the number of fat cells that will survive.  I guess if you could lie on your side to allow for blood flow to the grafted area that may work, but can be uncomfortable with a tummy tuck.

R. McIntyre Bridges, MD
Shreveport Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck - BBL and Tummy Tuck?

Thank you for your question. I do not think it is a good idea to have a tummy tuck and BBL at the same time. I believe you will have better results if you stage the procedures. First do liposuction to harvest fat from the hips, flanks, thighs, and abdomen. This fat can be used for the BBL. Once you have recovered from Stage 1, a tummy tuck can be performed. Please see a board certified plastic surgeon who commonly performs these procedures. Ask to see a lot of before and after pictures of their work. Hope this helps and good luck. 

Tummy Tuck

It's my pleasure to answer your question.The tummy tuck surgery can be combined with the brazilian butt lift.
Sincerely,Dr. Aramis Vega

Aramis Vega, MD

TT and BBL

yes, these 2 procedures can be done at the same time. depending on how much fullness you need in your bottom, you may need to have lipo on other areas to increase the amount of fat that can be transferred.

The combination can be performed safely and effectively by an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.Kenneth Hughes, MDBeverly Hills, CA

Can a tummy tuck be combined with a BBL

You can combine them both and will be better for you so you just pass just one pain in once. But what can tells you if you can both procedures are your labs. Best wishes!

Francisco Rodriguez Rosario, MD