Reduction rhinoplasty. Am I a good candidate? (Photo)

Am i a good candidate for rhinoplasty and what would i need?. I think my nose is VERY large and i dislike my profile

Reduction Rhinoplasty

Your nose has a lot of potential to be successfully reduced and reshaped. Your skin cover is not too thick and it should respond well to underlying cartilaginous changes.

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. You may also benefit from a nasal tip deprojection to decrease the overall size of your nose and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  A chin implant may also help balance your lower face.  I always use a medpor implant with screw fixation.  Silicone chin implants tend to have a much higher rate of malrotation over time.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Am I a Good Candidate for a Rhinoplasty ?

Your slightly over projecting nose can be reduced and your tip refined. I strongly suggest that you consider neck liposuction and a chin implant which will make your nose look much smaller in the profile view.

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Respectfully,
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty

Your nose does not appear to overproject excessively and is not excessively long.  I would maybe recommend a slight dorsal reduction and tip cartilage reduction but not to significantly deproject it.  You should go in for a consultation and see if you like how a digital image transformation of your nose looks before proceeding with surgery.  

Reduction rhinoplasty

from your photos you would be a good canidate for a reduction rhinoplasty. I also would recommend considering a chin implant to balance your face even more

Deborah Sillins, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

From the side profile photographs, there appears to be an overly projecting nose, and an under projecting chin. A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish decreasing the projection of the nose, shaving down the dorsal hump, and refining the nasal tip cartilages. The side profile photograph also demonstrates a weak and recessive chin profile, for which a chin implant can help augment the mandible forward. Bringing the chin forward with a chin implant will help significantly with facial balance and proportions, especially with respect to the  overly projecting nose. Chin implants are manufactured in a large array of sizes and shapes, and are placed through a small incision underneath the chin. In our practice, we use Implantech silastic chin implants for over 25 years with excellent success rate. In addition, the side profile demonstrates fatty deposits in the neck for which liposuction can improve the  profile and jawline. For more information and many examples of all three procedures, please see the link and the video below

Not all noses need "reducing"

Hello and thank you for your question. Of course I cannot perform an in-depth physical on you, nor are your pictures great for analysis. I would, however, try and pinpoint you about your actually aesthetic concerns about your nose. Where do you think it is too large? Do you think there is a hump or that the nose is under or too projected? In a quick glance, I feel that you think your nose looks "large" because your chin is small and might actually be recessed. Did you have braces and do your teeth fit together in normal occlusion? A visit to a specialist in facial aesthetic surgery might be better able to truly figure out what can and should be done in your individual case. 

Giancarlo Zuliani, MD
Rochester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for your question and photographs.

I would recommend scheduling a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty so that they can perform a nasal examination and give you the best recommendations. The key is not to reduce the size of the nose to make it “smaller”, you want to reduce and refine your nose so it is proportional to the rest of your face. Based on your photographs, you may benefit from a tip rhinoplasty which includes trimming the lower lateral cartilages and placing precision sutures to refine the tip and make it look more pleasing along with shaving down excess cartilage or bone from the bridge to help reduce the projection of your nose. I hope this helps.
Best of luck in your endeavors!
Sincerely,

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Board Certified ENT
Board Certified Plastic Surgery
Member of ASPS, ASAPS, ISAPS, The Rhinoplasty Society, AAFPRS, OTO/HNS, ASLMS, International Federation for Adipose Therapeutics & Science

James Fernau, MD, FACS
Pittsburgh Plastic Surgeon