Will pricing for the implants be an option to discuss in the pre-op appointment?

Not just the implant itself but the anesthesia and everything else involved?

Pricing for implants

At our consultation we give the patients an exact price quote that includes the implant cost, anesthesia fee and surgeon's fee.  That way you see the entire cost and there are no surprises.  Depending on the type of implant the fee is slightly different and you can compare those as well.  Best wishes!

Milwaukee Plastic Surgeon

Complete breast augmentation pricing

In our office, we discuss all pricing for a breast augmentation procedure either before the pre-op appointment or during the pre-op appointment.  Our pricing includes every possible charge, including the hospital and anesthesia.  In some cases, the patient is given the surgical facility information and receives a quote from them regarding the OR time and anesthesia.  

Breast Augmentation Pricing

Most practices give an itemized surgical quote to the patient following the exam at the initial consultation. If you didn't receive one, I suggest you call your plastic surgeon's office and follow up prior to your pre-op appointment.

Good luck!

Brian Widenhouse, MD
Charleston Plastic Surgeon

Breast implant consultation #breastimplantconsultation

Most offices will have quoted you pricing after your initial consultation. We show each line item separately so  can see the physician fee, implant price, anesthesia, facility charge on the surgery and implants recommended specifically for you during your consultation. The price for implants can vary based on brand or style, but that should be determined in your consult.  

Jack Peterson, MD
Topeka Plastic Surgeon

Will pricing for the implants be an option to discuss in the pre-op appointment

All offices are different, but pricing should be available to discuss at the time of your in person consultation. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. Prices for a breast augmentation are centered around three cost centers: anesthesia, facility, and surgeon's fees.  The first two are usually based on the amount of time spent in the operating room with prices that are set by the respective cost center.  A surgeon has discretion in his charges to patients and this will encompass the surgical procedure as well as the cost of the implants used.  These costs can certainly be discussed during your appointment.  Hope this helps. 

Breast Augmentation - Cost

Thank you for your question. You should be given pricing (OR, Surgeon's, Anesthesia & Implant fees) during your initial consultation or should be able to get an estimate over the phone prior to your consultation.  Best of luck with your research. 

Rafi S. Bidros, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Pricing

At our practice, patients are given pricing information during the initial phone call prior to scheduling a consultation. We want our patients to have an idea regarding the price, so they can concentrate on the surgical plan, recovery details, and all of the other important information discussed at the consultation. Once a patient and I have decided on the best surgical plan, they are taken to a patient coordinator to review the surgical schedule, quote, financing options, etc. 

Breast Implants/Breast Augmentation/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Cost varies by geographic location, surgeon expertise, OR time, anesthesia, length of procedure etc.  I would recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area who specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery and who is also a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgery.  You can call their offices in advance and ask for quotes prior to scheduling consultations.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Yes, it is very likely that all the involved considerations, including cost of surgery, will be discussed during the consultation process.

When it comes to cost of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure ( quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider, type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved. You will find average costs of surgery listed on this website, and on individual plastic surgeon's websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. 

***Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.