Can I use micro needle roller at home for alopecia? If so how does it work? (photos)

I bought a pearle roller 2.5 mm from groupon for hair growth.

Alopecia with Scar

This type of alopecia will not respond to microneedling.  Please see an expert to evaluate you.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Microneedling

You likely have a primary scarring alopecia (central centrifugal cicatricial alopecia) along with evidence of traction alopecia too.

Microneedling will not help you.

See a dermatologist for biopsy and guidance on treatment to halt further loss. Regrowth is not likely.

Microrollers

By using a micro-roller what you do is produce multiple small wounds to the scalp. The theory is that as these wounds heal, hair loss returns. It makes no sense at all

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon