How long after breast reduction before it's safe to resume to wire bras?

It's going on two months now and I feel that I'm healed well enough on the outside to start back wearing them. Advice greatly appreciated

Wire Bra After Breast Reduction #breastreductionseattle

• Each plastic surgeon may have his/her recommendations for wearing a bra after breast reduction. 
  • At two months, if you are well healed, as you mention that your are, wearing a wire bra should be no problem at all!
  • I have my breast reduction patients wear a soft and supportive bra that we provide for a couple weeks, and they may switch over to whichever kind of bra they feel most comfortable in after that time has passed.

Thank you for your question.  In my practice, patients typically return to wearing wire bras around 6 weeks after a breast reduction.  This can be variable depending on several factors.  Be sure to ask your surgeon.  Good luck.

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Ok at two months...

Hello and thanks. I would be comfortable with a breast reduction patient wearing a bra after 2 months since the surgery. You should run this by your plastic surgeon's office. I'm sure it will just be a quick call. Best, Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD