My left breast is smaller than my right breast. What do you think is the best procedure I should take to even them out?

What should I do to get my breast to look evenly? My left breast is extremely smaller then my right best even when I use patting

Asymmetry Correction

Thank you for your question. Breast Asymmetry is common, to varying degrees. If you have drastic asymmetry, two different size/profile implants may be placed or a lift may be appropriate. You will need to meet with a Plastic Surgeon in person so that they can examine you and provide options. Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon.

All the best

Breast asymmetry

Without a photograph or an in person exam it's impossible to tell you from your description what would work. I recommend you see a board-certified plastic surgeon in your region for consultation.

Marc J. Salzman, MD, FACS

Asymmetry repair

It is very difficult to answer your question without photographs.  You may need anything from tow different size implants to needing a breast lift on one size and implants.  

Asymmetry

Thank you for your question.  Breast asymmetry is very common and can exist to varying degrees.  It depends on what your breasts look like (droopiness, amount of tissue, fold placement, etc).  The best treatment can be determined by seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for an in person consultation. Without photos it is very difficult to make any recommendations.  All the best, 

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetric Breast Augmentation

Without photos, it's difficult to offer the most appropriate option. For asymmetric breasts, asymmetric breast augmentation with or without a lift is certainly an option. Fat grafting also exists as an option for augmentation, depending on the availability of fat on your body and quantity needed to provide you with the result desired. An in person consultation would clarify.

Breast Asymmetry

Breast asymmetry can be corrected a variety of ways and will depend on your starting point (photos would be helpful) and your desired end result.  A reduction could be performed on one side or a breast augmentation with an implant could be performed on the smaller side, or some variation of these.  This would help correct a size difference.  My best advice would be to seek a consultation with a plastic surgeon and discuss your goals with him/her, let them evaluate your starting point, and then work with your surgeon to develop a plan that fits you best.  Good luck!

For more information on breast augmentation, reduction or lifts, please visit the link below.

W. Bryant Walker, MD
Jackson Physician

Asymmetry

We have any number of options available to improve asymmetries, but without photos there can be no specific recommendation.                                                   .

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Asymmetric breasts

Thank you for your question. Without seeing picture it is hard to comment. There are many things can be done to make them even. But it varies from person to person. Please consult a board certified PS for evaluation and to address your concerns.

Correction of Asymmetric Breasts

The vast majority of women have varying degrees of breast asymmetry. It is uncommon for a woman to have perfectly symmetric and identical looking breasts. 
The correction of breast asymmetry depends on the reason(s) for the asymmetry:
- sagging
- constriction (i.e. Tuberous breasts)
- size difference
- nipple and or areola difference
- a COMBINATION of all of the above

Breast sagging is corrected with a lift.
A large size difference is corrected with a Breast Lift in which the larger side is somewhat reduced
if the breasts are constricted and small, this is usually corrected with a Breast Augmentation in which the constrictive bands are released at the same time.

The best course of action is for you to pick a surgeon who is a member of The American Society of Plastic Surgeons (ASPS. WwwPlasticSurgeryorg). This assures you that he/she is certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery (ABPS) and that he/she has hospital privileges in case something goes wrong. Research them online. Read their Google and RealSelf reviews.

Go in for a consultation  with 1-3 of such surgeons and see how you are treated and pick the one you like the most.

Good Luck
Peter Aldea MD
Memphis, TN

Breast augmentation

Asymmetric breast are very common.  Most can be treated by using different sized implants to make up the differences.  Sometimes augmentation needs to be combined with a lift to even out shape and nipple position.

John Burns, MD