If insurance is paying for my breast reduction will my surgeon also do a lift if I ask? Or will I have to pay extra?

Breast Reduction and Breast Lift

Any breast reduction procedure should by default, also include a breast lift. Breast tissue below the fold are excised or relocated to a higher location and the Nipple complex is typically raised. I would clarify this with your Plastic Surgeon.Good Luck!

You should not be charged for a lift along with the reduction

Thanks for your question. If the nipple areolar complex is below the inframammary crease, then a lift will occur at the time of the reduction. Your cost should only be your co-insurance/deductible. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

If insurance is paying for my breast reduction will my surgeon also do a lift if I ask? Or will I have to pay extra

A breast lift should always be included in the procedure for a breast reduction. I would double check with your surgeon to make sure though so that you know and understand exactly what will be done. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon

If insurance is paying for my breast reduction will my surgeon also do a lift if I ask?

Thank you for the question.  Yes with every breast reduction procedure, a breast lift "automatically" occurs.

My best suggestion: seek consultation with board certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with. Then, communicate your goals carefully. 

I hope this, and the attached link, helps. Best wishes.