Full tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck? (Photo)

I am 23 years old and over the past 2-3 years I have lost a little over 100 lbs. From losing so much weight I now have loose skin along my lower belly, and it forms the shape of what I call a "front butt". It's not what I was hoping for my body to look like after all my hard work. So my question is what would be the best procedure for me, if I'm wanting to look flat and actually be able to see my ab definition? Tummy tuck or mini TT or something else? I just want to be happy with my body! Thx :)

Full tummy tuck after weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss! It would be very unusual after losing as much as you have to only have skin laxity in the lower abdomen even though that is where you see it the most. A full tummy tuck will give you the best result.

Tummy tuck

Congratulations on your weight loss! Based on my experience of operating on patients who have had massive weight loss like yourself you will need a full tummy tuck to tighten your entire abdomen and give you the best results.

Mark Deutsch, MD

Tummy tuck - full of mini

Based on the amount of tissue excess and  your desired goals I would recommend a full tummy tuck. This will provide better contour at the expense of a longer scar. In order to visualize your abdominal muscles you may need to have the abdominal flap thinned. This is an option, but does increase the risk of healing problems.

Best wishes with your journey,

Alexander Anzarut

Alexander Anzarut, MD
Victoria Plastic Surgeon

Full tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck?

A full tummy tuck will produce your best result.

Beverly Hills, CA.....................

Mini tummy tuck vs. full tummy tuck

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided pictures as well.

What I see in your pictures is that with a full tummy tuck and lipo you will have the look that you want.

First of all, you want to be completely clear on what the differences are between these procedures. With a full abdominoplasty, there will be a scar that extends across the lower abdomen, typically extending from hip to hip. There is also a scar around the belly button. With the mini abdominoplasty, the lower abdominal scar is shorter, and there is no scar at the belly button. Liposuction is often used with either of the procedures. Less scarring always sounds like a good idea, but lesser procedures produce lesser results, and you may not get the outcome that you are looking for. The mini tuck does not tighten the upper abdomen at all.

The most appropriate choice will depend on what your desires are and how loose your skin is, which is best determined by a full consultation with examination. If you have a significant muscle separation and bulging of the upper abdomen and you want to correct this, then a modified full Tummy Tuck might be an option. The scar will be longer and higher, and you will have a scar around your bully button that may not make it look much better than what you have now. I would offer this to you only after a few consultations where we would discuss the limitations in great detail. I usually don't offer a mini tummy tuck to a patient who requires a full Tummy Tuck because I know they will be dissatisfed with the limited correction.

Make no mistake, correcting your abdomen is challenging. You are not the typical tummy tuck patient. I would urge you to find a board certified plastic surgeon who has alot of experience with patients similar to yourself. Ask how many mini-Tummy Tuck, full- Tummy Tuck, and modified Tummy Tuck they perform. What are there results like. Are the patients happy? Look at their before and after pictures. Ask a lot of questions.

The price will depend on the surgeon, country and also on the amount of work to be done, because tummy tuck is a price but you may need some liposuction to have a better result and body contour and that is extra cost. So I recommend to seek for a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation and to talk about your goals and also to talk about the quote. Good luck :)

Tania Medina de Garcia, MD

Full tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck

I think a mini tummy tuck would leave little improvement in your upper abdomen and I think  a full tummy tuck is a better choice for you case

Julio Garcia, MD

Mini vs full abdominoplasty

Congratulations on your weight loss. It is quite an accomplishment. This surgery in particular is a passion of mine! Often individuals in your situation who have undergone 100+ lbs weight loss require a full abdominoplasty in order to capture and remove all of the redundant skin and soft tissue in the area below the belly button. An in person physical examination as well as making sure you are consulting with a Plastic Surgeon that is familiar with this type of surgery will best answer which option is best for you!

Ryan Mitchell, MD, FRCSC
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question.  Based on your submitted photos you appear to be an excellent candidate for a full tummy tuck procedure to produce beautiful overall results.  Scheudle a consultation with a board certifed plastic surgeon to evaluate you further and work togehr to create the surgical plan that will best help you achieve your overall desired goals.

Best regards,
Dr. Lane F. Smith, MD
Plastic Surgeon
Las Vegas, NV

Lane Smith, MD

Full tummy tuck or mini

I think you have the majority of your problem in your lower abdomen and could possibly be happy with improvement to just that area. 
I have been pleased with the results when performing some liposuction and then mini tummy tuck for patients presenting as you do in your photos. 
The definitive answer would be decided after a consultation and examination. 

R. Louis Adams, MD

Full tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck?

Thank you for your question regarding a tummy tuck and congratulations on your weight loss.  You would definitely need a full tummy tuck for optimal results.  Consult with one or more board certified plastic surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery to discuss your options.  Best wishes!