Collegenase injection under eye for overfilled Bellafill? (photos)

A doctor put too much Bellafill under my eye. I have small lumps under each eye. He wants to inject collegenase to even it out? Can anyone advise?

Collagenase After Bellafill

It is difficult to see your concerns in the photo.  You do not say how long after your initial injection you are.  If you had your injection within the last 3 to 8 weeks, I would recommend not doing anything.  Lumps after Bellafill are not unusual and they almost always go away by about 3 months.  If you can see them after that then I use a combination of 5 FU and Kenalog in very small doses in a series of injections over a few months.  This is slow approach but it works very well.  

I hope that helps.

Best regards.

Kirkland Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill

Thank you for your question. Collegenase has been utilized before to assist in uneven lumps after Bellafill and help overall recovery. Always consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Treatment will Bellafill should require little to no downtime and allow you the patient to resume normal activities immediately, including strenuous activities such as intense exercise.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Bellafill for Volume in Under Eyes -- Lumps and Hardness

5fu/steroid injections and venus legacy or exilis treatments may even out the results. Collagenase may help as well. Best, Dr. Emer

Overfilled with Bellafill?

I can't see the problem well with the pictures. I have never had this problem however a colleague of mine stated he used collagenase on a problem like this and it worked for him. The standard treatment for this is 5FU/Kenalog but this might work as well.

Steven F. Weiner, MD