Are there some candidates that are not a good "fit" for breast implants? (Photo)

approx 7 yr ago had breast lift(w/hysterectomy).I was considering implants but the surg talked me into the lift,explaining that my breast tissue was enough (36C) & the lift would improve my sagging. I'm now 50, I delivered 2 children @ age 28 & 32, both breastfed. I feel like I didn't get the desired "look" I wanted & recently went to surg for eval, want more of a (curve) & perkiness when laying down. Dr said I would have an implant w/breast on top, & it would hang down/over, I wouldn't like it

What Makes A Good Candidate For Breast Implants?

Thank you for your question!  I would advise you to seek a board certified plastic surgeon.  Have a consultation with the doctor and maybe a sizing to see what your best option is.  Best of luck!
Dr Dhaval PatelDouble Board CertifiedPlastic SurgeonChicagoHoffman EstatesOak Brook

Hoffman Estates Plastic Surgeon

Lift without implants

Most of my patients desire superior fullness, and a lift without implants will never deliver the fullness they desire. This sounds like your exact situation. You would likely benefit from implants and revision mastopexy. Seek consults with board certified breasts experts. Best of luck. 

Previous breast surgery increases risk of nipple necrosis

Dear Elizabeth,
Thank you for your question and photos. Your previous lift may compromise any future breast procedure. Please discuss in detail about your risks and complications associated with decreased circulation and nipple sensitivity.
Gary Horndeski M.D.

Gary M. Horndeski, MD
Texas Plastic Surgeon

Are there candidates that are not a good fit for breast implants?

Not every person is a good fit for a breast augmentation surgery.It is really important to discuss your goals and expectations with your plastic surgeon, so that your desires are met.I wish I could tell you that there is an absolute or universal truth with regards to the questions asked.Unfortunately, not.The answers are individualized and variable.I wish you the best of luck.

Lift/implants

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you would benefit most from implants, at least.  The reason that you should consider another lift is because, as your doctor noted, your breasts will sag further with implants which would eventually warrant a lift.  If you are set on augmenting your breasts, you might want to seek a second opinion.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

You are a good fit

There are non candidates for breast augmentation. You are not one of them. You will benefit from breast augmentation. Go for it.

Vasdev Rai, MD

Breast lift with augmentation

It appears that your desire for a "perkier" breast would be met with an implant.  However, you would likely also benefit from a revision breast lift to improve the new shape.  This combination procedure should be carefully discussed with your PS.  Implant volume selection, revision lift technique, implant pocket placement are some of the major discussions points you should anticipate.
hope that helps!

Dr. Morales
Houston, Tx

Rolando Morales Jr, MD

BA

you would do well with placement of sub muscular implants to match the size and volume you desire. you will also need another lift to reposition the breast tissue and the nipple in a more aesthetic position. you would be a fine candidate. go to a board certified plastic surgeon who does a lot of breast surgery.

Why not implants?

Online evaluation is of course limited but it appears you likely need a lift combined with an augmentation. A revision lift with augmentation is complex so I definitely recommend obtaining a formal consultation or getting a 2nd opinion. 

Good luck! 

Breast lift with augmentation

You would achieve the best results from a combination of a breast lift (mastopexy) with a moderate sized implant to restore volume, especially to the upper pole of the breast. Newer techniques such allow for fewer, shorter incisions than the the older "anchor" or "inverted-T" techniques and give a better, more natural result.