Breast reduction or lift? (Photo)

I am currently wearing 38G bra . I have lost 146 lbs. I used to wear 50H before I lost my weight. I don't want small breasts but I would like smaller breasts to be rounded and full on top. Would I need implants or would the muscle I do have left be sufficient after loose skin is removed?

Breast reduction or lift?

Hello dear, thanks for your question and provided information as well.. The breasts may lose their elasticity and firmness which can be caused by different factors such as pregnancy, massive weight loss, lactation and aging. To reaffirm the breasts and restore the natural look your surgeon can perform a mastopexy or breast lift. A breast lift restores a firmer, perkier, and more aesthetically pleasing shape to sagging breasts. This not only can improve a patient’s appearance by restoring her youthful, feminine proportions, but  also help bras and swimsuits fit more comfortably and attractively. By removing excess, stretched out skin, reshaping the breast tissue, and raising the nipple & areola into a more forward position, a cosmetic surgeon can create a more youthful breast contour. Stretched, large areolae can also be reduced during breast lift surgery, creating an overall better proportioned, natural looking breast, Actually the perkiness on a person or another, depends on patients skin and breast tissue… Breast augmentation surgery increases or restores breast size using silicone gel implants, saline implants or in some cases, fat transfer. One of the most popular and frequently performed aesthetic surgery procedures, breast augmentation has a long and successful track record in satisfying women who wish to enhance, regain or restore balance to their figures.At the first 3 to 5 months, it is too soon to determine how your results are going to be, per now, they look very nice and beautiful, you can have one bigger than the other, feel swollen and also have bruises and open wounds, it is normal and that can happen for the first 3 to 4 months until your implants have settle in. I recommend you to wait and keep using your post surgical bra, that will help you with the shape and support…

Breast reduction or lift?

Thank you for the question. Based on your description of goals and picture, you may be an excellent candidate for breast reduction surgery. This operation tends to be one of the most patient pleasing operations we perform.  

“Typical” patients who present for breast reduction surgery are women who have disproportionately large breasts, causing problems such as neck/back/shoulder discomfort, postural changes, bra strap grooving, skin irritation/rashes under the breasts, and/or difficulty with activities of daily living and/or exercise etc. There may be both physical as well as psychosocial “stress” caused by the disproportionately large breasts. Reducing breast tissue mass and elevating the breasts on the chest wall tend to improve or alleviate many of the symptoms associated with the disproportionately large breasts.

Patients considering breast reduction surgery should also consider the potential downsides (risks/complications) associated with the procedure as well. Poor scarring, for example may be associated with the procedure. Additional surgery may be necessary in the short or longer term for a multitude of reasons. When the time is right, I suggest that you seek consultation with well experienced plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you would be pleased with. Ultimately, careful selection of your plastic surgeon will be the most important decision you make. To this end, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.   I hope this, and the attached link (dedicated to breast reduction surgery concerns), helps. Best wishes.

Reduction or lift

Congratulations on your weight loss!  Based on your photos you would benefit from a reduction.  The incision pattern for the lift and the reduction is the same.  In essence the reduction is a lift that also removes excess breast tissue.  You can formulate a plan with your surgeon to determine what size you desire and other surgical goals.  The right time to explore surgery is once your weight is stable and changes to your breasts have stopped.  Best wishes to you!

Camille Cash, MD

Breast Lift

Thank you for your question. Also, congratulations on your weight loss! I would definitely recommend a breast reduction without an implant as you will have the rounded look when the reduction is done that naturally will also be a lift. You have enough breast tissue to achieve the fullness on top. Please consult with a board certified plastic surgeon. Best of luck!

Mary Jo Wright, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Breast reduction or lift?

Hello Dear, Thank you so much for your question and your pictures! Congratulations on your weight loss, after see your pictures you would need a  Breast reduction , that is a surgical procedure to reduce the size of the breasts by removing fat, breast tissue and skin, smaller,  making them lighter and firm. best regards!

Ramon Morales, MD

Brrast Lift vs. Breast Reduction

The first question you need to answer is: is weight loss stable or are you still losing or worse going up and down? Ideally you should build a house on a stable foundation not on a fluctuating one. 
Second question; Both breast Kuft and Breast Reduction will make your breasts perky. Would you like to keep your present size or would you like to be smaller? Personally, I would suggest you correct your Tummy first because a flatter toned tummy would make most breasts look larger. Then, you need to decide if to make yiur breasts smaller and perky (Reduction), more or less same or slightly smaller (Lift) or larger ( Breast Lift with implants). Look for an experienced, well rated Plastic surgeon in your area to help you reach your goal. Dr. Peter A. Aldea
Memphis, TN

Breast reduction

You would most likely get a great result with a breast reduction. Please seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area. Be sure to express your goals and expectations to your chosen surgeon. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them. Good luck!

Dean Vistnes
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area
#realself #drdeanvistnes #breastreduction 

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lift or reduction

After looking at your photos I think a reduction.A lift is skin only and a reduction is skin plus breast tissue.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Breast lift or reduction

Breast lifts and reductions are very similar procedures. You appear to need a breast reduction which will give you a lift as part of the procedure. This will give you a great improvement. When all healing is settled you can evaluate whether your upper pole is full enough. If not an implant or fat transfer could be considered. Good luck.

Breast Reduction or Lift

You would benefit greatly from a breast reduction. A breast lift is generally included in the reduction so it is like a 2 for 1. I would advise you to schedule a in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and expectations further. Congratulations on your weight loss and best of luck. 

Lawrence Bundrick, MD
Huntsville Plastic Surgeon