Will I need a breast lift or can I get a breast augmentation to slightly life the nipple and add fullness. (photos)

After breastfeeding a child my breasts started to droop. Then i gained muscle in my chest from working out and they started to really sag. I have had a consultation and her answer was extremely vague. You don't have to get a lift but you could is what the Doctor said. I am a 36B. Was a 34D when breastfeeding. I feel like the rest of my body is exactly how I want it but my breasts make me feel so terrible.

The Best Result Will Probably Include a Breast Lift

Your breast tissue is low on your chest wall and the nipple position is low on your breast mound. An implant will give you more fullness in the upper portion of the breast but I'm afraid that your breasts will then appear to hang off the front of the implants without a lift. The result could easily be less attractive than it is now. Remember that implants will not re-position your breast tissue nor move the nipple higher and it will not decrease the distance from your collar bone to the nipples. A breast lift is necessary to reshape the breasts so that an implant can give them more fullness.For more information about a breast lift with or without implants, please see the web link below.For the best results seek the consultation of a plastic surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. They have a website listing all the certified plastic surgeons. Members of the American Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery will all be board certified in plastic surgery and have demonstrated an interest and special skill in cosmetic plastic surgery as well.

Will I need a breast lift or can I get a breast augmentation to slightly life the nipple and add fullness.

I think that your breasts are in a somewhat "borderline" position on your chest wall. Whether or not you should have a breast lift at the same time as breast augmentation surgery will mainly depend on your personal goals. If you wish the breasts to be higher on your chest wall ( "perkier"), then breast lifting and will likely be necessary.  On the other hand, if you simply wish to achieve a larger version  of your current breasts, then breast augmentation surgery will likely suffice.  Do not expect the breast augmentation surgery to lift the breasts.

My best suggestion: clarify in your mind what you wish to achieve. Then, select your plastic surgeon carefully and communicate your goals carefully as well. Best wishes.

Breast augmentation and lift, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire.
After having analyzed all the information and photos provided to us, I realize that you have very sagging and small breasts. In this regard, you need volume (implants) and projection : Breast Augmentation with lift.
I recommend you to use microtexturized highly cohesive silicon implant ("gummy bear" implants), with high projection, and 550ml will be excelent on you, to fill the breasts properly.
Finally, to perform the breast lift I recommend a Periareolar Round Block Breast Lift ("Benelli mastopexy"), which has an unnoticed scar around the areola, and if we see (in the surgery) that we can't obtain adecuate projection just with the Benelli Lift, we have to perform a "Lollipop breast lift".
Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Dual plane

I agree a dual plane silicone augment using smooth round implants is what I would do. A small chance your skin stretches too much with the implant and down the road you need a lift. Good Luck!

Gregory T. Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a lift?

Thanks for your question. The doctor was right--you could or you couldn't. The best answer and best surgery would be to have appropriate sized implants placed under the muscle and then have your skin lifted on top of that. Some women refuse this incision. In your case, based on your photos, you could have JUST implants to improve your volume. You would need either a bi-planar approach or a sub-glandular placement for best result. You would also have a higher than likely chance of needing another surgery down the road--likely a lift. I suggest you return to that surgeon for another discussion or speak with a board certified plastic surgeon for an in-depth consultation. All the best!

Breast augmentation

You look to have mostly deflation of your breasts with your nipples a little low but still just above the breast fold. You are a good candidate for a dual plane breast augmentation without a lift. Good luck.