One boob smaller than the other after breast augmentation (Photo)

Got my breast augumentatio today one boob is smaller it was slightly smaller at first but now i can tell aot. I gt 600ccs

One boob smaller than the other after breast augmentation

It is really too early to tell anything at this point.  You have to allow appropriate time for the swelling to resolve and the implants to settle.  This can take months to happen.  Make sure that you have close follow up with your board certified plastic surgeon along the way.

At this point you are early in the healing process. Your implants will continue to settle and soften with time. Follow up with your surgeon as directed.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Both breasts heal differently

The two breasts commonly heal quite differently. One breast may swell more, feel more uncomfortable, or have a different initial shape. After complete healing, they will be more similar and natural. You must have patience, but if this causes concern, ask questions of the doctor or the nursing staff.

Breast Implants / Breast Augmentation/ Cohesive Gel Implants / Silicone Implants / Revision Breast Surgery

I appreciate your question.

Right now, you are very early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Please Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you at this time. Then reassess final result at 6 months.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photographs.  If the same size implants were used, I would recommend seeing your surgeon for an in-person evaluation.  Your current size asymmetry is significant and it would be important to determine if this is from swelling or possibly a hematoma.  Hope this helps.

Asymmetry after surgery?

Thank you for your question. Given how early it is following surgery and the large difference in size, the most important thing to do is see your surgeon! Please make sure they see you ASAP and will be able to give you the best care and next steps from there.  Best of luck in your recovery!

Fred Hackney, MD

Your asymmetry is likely due to swelling or bleeding (a hematoma) around your implant.  You should contact your surgeon and be seen to determine the cause.  If you have a hematoma, it may require a return to surgery to drain.

That is a very large size asymmetry. See your surgeon to make sure you do not have a hematoma on the larger side.