Board certified plastic surgeons?

So I looked on the Asps website that was recommended to me to find a board certified surgeon and I didn't see information on the doctor that I wanted to go to In the Dominican republic.So is that the only real official website? I'm just seeing so many red flags.Some people look perfect and some say they experience was bad.I want a mommy makeover tummy tuck and bbl.I want to find someone affordable at least under 10,000.Finding a good surgeon is so hard.What should i do?I'm 22 and I have a baby.

Find the right doctor

Thanks for your question.

If you want to look up for a doctor in DR i recommend you to look on SODOCIPRE. This page is exclusive for Dominican Plastic Surgeons.

Dr. Derby Sang Caputo

Find the right surgeon

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another.  See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Let your surgeon decide with you about if it is safe or not for you to undergo surgery. 

Surgeon not on ASPS web site

Thank you for asking about your DR surgery

• You did not find your DR surgeon on the ASPS web site becausen s/he is not a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
  • There are many excellent surgeons in Tennessee - look for ASPS surgeons near you.
  • DR surgery has a very bad reputation which is why you see so many red flags
  • Because you want a lot of surgery, it will be expensive.
  • It is better to do one procedure and get a good result and save for the next -
  • It is foolish to go abroad, pay less money, have a bad result and waste your money - and risk a catastrophic complication or even die - multple deaths are reported from some DR practices.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Board certified plastic surgeon

If there is only one thing I can recommend to a patient, it is ONLY see a board certified plastic surgeon. There are many non-board certified surgeons out their offering plastic surgery procedures, and this is when patients end up with botched surgeries. A board certified plastic surgeon is the only person who is truly qualified to perform a Mommy Makeover. Please do not put yourself at risk by going to this surgeon who is not board certified. There are plenty of affordable board certified plastic surgeons in the United States. I know it is hard work to find a reputable board-certified surgeon, but I promise it is worth spending the time to do so. You don't want to end up with complications or bad results that are threatening to your health and then have to start the search again for a new surgeon to perform revision surgery. 

Jimmy S. Firouz, MD, FACS

Board certified physicians

Do your homework before you plan a destination surgery. Find out as much information about the surgeon you're going to see. You may find it to be more reasonable to have your surgery in the States by a board certified plastic surgeon. This will make your post operative care easier for you. 

Good luck!

Finding the right surgeon

Hello and thank you for your question. It is very important that you thoroughly research your surgeon before committing to surgery.  First and foremost, make sure your surgeon is board-certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  Then, it is a good idea to research your surgeon's educational background, online reviews, before & after pictures, and speak with anyone who you may know who has had surgery with that surgeon. During your consultation, make sure that you don't feel rushed and make sure that you have adequate time with your surgeon and not just their patient coordinator or nurses. If the majority of your consultation is spent with someone other than the surgeon, this is usually not a good sign. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified expert surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Travel

Depending on what exactally you want it may be possible to accomplish your goals here in the southeast.  Especially when you factor in air fare and follow-up. 

Adrian Smith, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon

Board certified plastic surgeons?

Pregnancy can certainly take a toll on a women's body. In order to help reverse some of the effects of child bearing, many women choose to have a "mommy makeover". A mommy makeover can involve ANY of the areas affected by pregnancy:  most commonly a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty) and breast augmentation and/or lift (mastopexy).  Other commonly requested surgical procedures include liposuction surgery and/or genitalia surgery. You may find the attached link, dedicated to “mommy makeover” surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more.  

When it comes to costs of surgery, there may be many “variables” involved. The specific surgeon's credentials/experience level (or lack thereof), the specific geographic area you are looking at, the different operations available, the location of the procedure (quality of surgery facility), type/quality of anesthesia provider,  type of breast implants… are some of the potential variables involved.  You will find some average costs of surgery on this website and on individual plastic surgeons' websites as well.

In regards to outcome of the planned procedure, more important than costs of the procedures will be careful selection of your plastic surgeon. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery and/or the Aesthetic Society of Plastic Surgery to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons.

Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask to SEE lots of examples of their work AND preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

Be very careful with your decision-making. You will find, while doing your due diligence, that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you; again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.

Again, I would also suggest that you do not base your selection of plastic surgeon primarily on costs of surgery; keep in mind that revisionary surgery may be more costly in many ways.  "Medical tourism" although certainly cheaper, may not be the safest way to proceed. Select your plastic surgeon based on the quality/safety record.  Make sure you also consider factors such as follow-up and treatment of complications that may occur, even in the best of hands. Best wishes.

Selecting a Surgeon for a Mommy Makeover out of the Country

It may be in your best interest to not #travel out of the country for such procedures. Unless, you know the doctor or facility where the procedures take place well or have a previous experience with them, there is an increased chance of problems, #complications, or #emergencies which may lack the necessary attention as you would acquire easier within the United States.  The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction.

These combined procedures should be performed by a #PlasticSurgeon who is board-certified and has a great deal of experience specializing in cosmetic #surgery. You will then greatly improve your chances of getting the result you desire, and, without the need for a revision surgery. It is suggested that you look at before and after photos of the surgeons actual patients, and read patient reviews. Gathering all of this information will help you make a well-informed decision and decreases your chances of requiring any revision surgeries.

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measure.

Board certified plastic surgeons

Thank you for your question. If is a doctor from Dominican Republic you need to look SODOCIPRE, there you will find all dominican board certified plastic surgeons names. It is really important to be completely sure about the surgeon that you're going to choose. Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. Remember: the most important thing is your health and your life.

I hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD