How do I get rid of stretch marks and scars?

How do I get ride of strath marks and scars

Lasers vs energy based microneedling and PRP

New stretch marks are easier to treat than older ones. For new stretch marks (red-purple-pink), my treatment of choice is V BEAM vascular laser combined with compounded Vitamin A creams or a cream called Stratamark Old stretch marks are harder to treat- my preferred option for old, white, silvery- papery stretch marks is a combination of CO2 fractional laser, or with INFINI RF and PRP. I also use Fraxel ReStore 1550, and also lasers in the 1540 wavelength. Of all the methods I find microneedling with RF energy and PRP the best, as it has the lowest rate of skin colour changes, and the fastest healing time. Results wise, it outperforms CO2 laser! The truth is that stretch mark treatments are HIGHLY variable, depending on your own immune system, your skin type and the age of the stretch marks. Some get a 30% improvement, others up to 80%. An assessment is the very first step Regards Dr Davin Lim, Laser and aesthetic dermatologist. Brisbane, Australia. 

Brisbane Dermatologist

Stretch marks

Multiple modalities can be used for scar and stretch marks. You could consider micro-needling treatments, CO2 laser and Picosure laser. These treatments require multiple sessions to help improve the scars and stretch marks.

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician

Stretchmark treatment options

Thank you for this wonderful question! There is finally a treatment offered for at home use that is FDA proven to reduce the appearance of stretchmarks. I have been using this treatment for over the past year with wonderful results for my patients. The Strialite works by utilizing LED at a cellular level to stimulate your own collagen production which in turn reduces the appearance of stretchmarks. 

Yes, there are options for resurfacing the dermal area as well as excising the portion of skin which contains stretchmarks. I offer and utilize both of the modalities as well but the truth is not every patient requires this extensive of a treatment option. 

Having the ability to administer the treatment yourself in the comfort of your own home with ability to see results in as little as 4 weeks has proven a comfortable alternative for patients who may not require a more invasive approach. 

I hope you have found this information helpful and I wish you luck!

Patrick Viscardi, MD
South Bend Plastic Surgeon