Lipo and Etching?

hi im a 60 kg male who recently 6 weeks ago had liposuction on my tummy and breasts to treat man boobs. i also had abdominal etching. what i want to know is, that is it normal to still have "flabby" bits around my stomach. i must admit my stomach muscles havnt been worked out in a long time. my main goal was to get rid of fat areas that couldnt be exercised away and my surgeon recommended etching too. i just want to know if its normal to have little fat remaining....

Etching is best for athletic lean patients.

Many thanks for your question. In most circumstances, patients look best with etching when they have matching luggage, that is, fully muscles elsewhere. When patients have softness or undeveloped muscles then it is best to perform more gentle contouring. The original article in abdominal etching in 1993 outlined that 15% body fat or less was adequate. If you have pockets of fat leftover from you liposuction then I would suggest suctioning these flatter to smooth your stomach.
Tips:

1. Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon and visit several offices
2. Seek a surgeon who does at least 100 of these procedures per year
3. Internet discussions do not replace the advice of your physician

Vaser hi def lipo 4d

I appreciate your question.

Vaser assisted liposuction utilizes ultrasound to emulsify or melt felt prior to removal. It is also used to etch or define the muscles and normal anatomy to enhance the results. I use a specialized technique to remove the deeper fat areas and sculpt the superficial fat, so that one can achieve the goal of having not only a flatter stomach but also a more defined and curvaceous body if wanted. I can use this technique on the arms as well.

I also use the fat removed to graft into the pecs for men or breasts for women as well as into the arms and other areas to further enhance muscle definition.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic plastic surgery and high definition body contouring.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Liposuction Recovery and Liposuction Etching

Thank you for your question about your liposuction and etching recovery.

• Abdominal etching is done with liposuction.
  • It removes additional fat over the rectus muscles, 
  • The goal is to create the illusion of muscle definition.
  • It will leave fat on either side of the etched areas.
  • This may explain what you are seeing.
  • At six weeks after surgery, you are still swollen. It should improve.
  • Hope this helps! Best wishes!

6 weeks after liposuction for abdominal etching

Abdomnal etching can be done for some individuals seeking liposuction.  As for flabby skin that may be related to your skin quality, but it is a bit early.

Liposuction and Etching

Etching involves creating an appearance in the fat to mimic the underlying musculature.  Most commonly, the etching creates the illusion of muscle definition.  It must be done precisely, but there is fat left behind.  I am not sure if flabby bits should be left behind, but, at 6 weeks, you may well have some swelling masking your final results. Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA