My nostril is caving inwards. What can be done? (Photo)

I am so embarrassed, when cleaning my nose, my right nostril feels really caved inwards, what could this be????? :( who can I go to? I'm scared! You can't tell by photos - I can only tell if I was to put one finger on the inside, one on the outside, it feels really caved inwards.. By taking this photo - I have also just noticed a circle of dots - not sure what that is.

Nostril shape

Hello and thanks for your question.

Nasal tip-plasty is a procedure that is used to narrow the tip of the nose. This is done with cartilage reshaping techniques. Often, a combination of grafts and suture may need to be used to create favorable shape and outcome.

Given that the nose and face are three dimensional structures, a complete array of photographs in frontal, 45 degrees and 90 degrees’ profile angle as well as base view are needed to assess the existing anatomy.

I would highly recommend visiting a few plastic surgeons who specialize in this exacting and artistic procedure. In our office we provide patients with a personalized, individualized and complementary consultation to address these similar issues.

For more information and many before and after examples please see the link below.

Best wishes and good luck.

Dr. Sajjadian

Triple Certified Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question. It is always helpful to see pictures. I suggest that you move forward with an in-person consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. The consultation will allow surgeons the opportunity to examine the structure of the nose. We will be able to tell you how best to add strength to the structure, as we can focus on creating a more functional nose that still promotes the cosmetic integrity of your face.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Hello and thank you for your question. It is difficult to determine based on this photograph.  If you have external nasal valve collapse, then an alar batten graft could help.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

My nostril is caving inwards. What can be done?

In order to evaluate this case accurately - you need an in person physical exam. It is impossible to comment accurately based on a limited photo you have uploaded.