Best treatments for dark spots, redness, uneven skin tone? (Photo)

Please help, my wedding will be in Jan 2017. I am looking for the most effective facial treatment for my uneven skin with some darksport around my mounth and redness around my nose and cheekbone. I m thinking of either laser or fractional RF. Please advise? My photos are attached. I have asian skin tone. Thanks heaps

Laser

Congratulations for your wedding.

I suggest either IPL or combination of vascular laser followed by a picofacial

London Dermatologist

Getting even skin tone with lasers, peels, microneedling/prp

I suggest a combination of peels and lasers like VBeam, microneedling/prp along with skin care.  I suggest consulting with an experienced cosmetic dermatologist. Best, Dr. Emer

Treatment for Dark Spots and Redness

Thanks for your question.  Congratulations and good luck with your wedding plans.  You can more than likely be helped with an IPL Photofacial.  It is excellent for removing both reds (vascular) and browns.  While these devices and services are readily available, make sure you choose someplace where the treatment is actively supervised by a physician.  Real Self is filled with horror stories and pictures of IPL treatments gone wrong.  Most of these were probably caused by bad equipment, technique, training or settings.  Find a place where you get to meet the physician and you get a personal consultation.

Best of luck with your upcoming wedding!

Laura Riehm, MD
Fort Worth Physician

Diffuse Redness and uneven skin tone...

Thank you for your question and congratulations on your wedding!!  I think the most effective treatment for you will be combination laser therapy.  Fractional RF will not have an effect on your diffuse redness.  The two gold standard treatments for redness in Dermatology are the 532 KTP (Excel V by Cutera) and the 595 Pulsed Dye (V-Beam by Syneron-Candela).  In my opinion using the Excel V in combo with laser genesis and/or pico genesis (add-ons to the Excel V treatment) will yield you the most superior results particularly as it pertains to the fact that you only have 2-3 months for these treatments.  Typically the Excel V will show great results by treatment #2 which is spaced 4 weeks after the first.  Depending on the timing of your wedding you may be able to get a third treatment in as well.  The Excel V is also able to treat dark spots which the pulsed dye is unable to.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon