Silicone implants with a port: Does anyone think getting implants would lift my self-esteem?

My self esteem has plumetted to an all time low, my breast are like pan cakes i have no shape, i have a huge liver scare where 85 per cent of my liver was removed and other scars where i had my illieostomy and scars from radiation between my legs, does anyone think getting implants would lift my self esteem and is there anything that can be done for scars i also look like i have no belly button, i found my self looking grotesque at the young age of 55

Breast augmentation benefits go beyond the physical.

Many women of all ages enjoy the boost in self-confidence, self-esteem, and morale that can come from getting breast implants. If your breast appearance is a source of unhappiness for you, then it sounds like breast augmentation could help you feel more comfortable with your body. A plastic surgeon can also talk with you about scar revision techniques that can minimize the appearance of your other scars. I recommend setting up a consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can conduct an in-person evaluation and then give you a personalized recommendation to address your aesthetic concerns.

Studies have shown that cosmetic surgery can lift your self-esteem, and I have personally seen this through the decades of my PS practice. However, you should make an appointment to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area for a personal consultation to be properly assessed.

From your health history you have several other problems that bother you that breast implants would not help. But there may be procedures in addition to silicone implants that you could have done for these additional problems. Good luck to you.

Does anyone think getting implants would lift my self-esteem?

Cosmetic surgery can certainly boost your confidence. It is best to seek in person exam by an experienced Board Certified PS to see what you are a candidate for and to see what the treatment plan would be.

I'm very sorry that you have had so many health issues. Studies show that cosmetic procedures improve self esteem. As long as you are healthy enough to have an anesthetic, this may be something you want to discuss with a board certified plastic surgeon. Good luck!

Small breast and self esteem

I think if I were you I would go to a board certified palstic surgeon and see what options you have.I am sure a breast aug would help boost your self esteem/morale.Scars may also need to be revised as well.That would be your first step.Blessings on your journey.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

All operations have risks

Hi and thanks for posting your story.
It sounds like you've been through a lot.  I'm sorry you feel like you're at "a low" regarding your self esteem. While Breast augmentation can address the loss of volume in breast tissue that occurs over time, it is an operation-and all operations have risks. The best thing to do would be to make an appointment to be seen and evaluated in person by a plastic surgeon and discuss whether you would be a good candidate and what the risks would be in your particular situation. 

All the best

Rachel Streu, MD