Looking at revision again on tip. Will I get better results? (Photo)

Hi I had rhinoplasty 12 years ago and also had revision after it, till now I have always found the tip to swell and it seems my tip has grown. I have scheduled an appointment with another surgeon. Will I get better results in my next op and I only think I need the top refined and nostrils made smaller I don't understand how my nose tip has grown Is this Normal I don't think I'll need my nose broken? It's mostly the tip

Haven't felt your nose yet, but seems you should be able to get more improvement. See the morph I made.

Click on the "Web reference" link, just below my response, or go here:

FacialSurgery.com/RealSelf/RealSelf_ollie33.html

I made a computer morph of your nose, and an animation of the morph, to show the changes that could be possible for your nose in truly expert hands. Mostly, I narrowed the tip. As you say, the rest of your nose looks pretty good. In particular, it's nice and short.

Whether that improvement is possible depends on how much of the excess width can be attributed to the size and position of your tip cartilages. If it *is* the cartilages, then it's very likely that the improvement is possible. If, on the other hand, the cartilages are already in a nice narrow position, but the excess width is scar tissue and/or the thickness of your skin, then it would be harder to achieve the improvement I illustrated in the morph. I wouldn't be able to tell without feeling your nose. There are clues from your posted photos, however, that indicate that it *is* the cartilages keeping the tip wide, which is good news for you.

You should understand that the changes I demonstrated in the morph require advanced techniques, techniques that most plastic surgeons cannot handle.  Be sure to read the section in the "Web reference" link on how to stay out of trouble while searching for a rhinoplasty surgeon.

Your nose is also a good example of why computer imaging is mandatory in rhinoplasty. You need to know exactly what the surgeon is planning to accomplish -- what features he thinks he can change, and by how much he thinks he can change them. When you see his goals, you'll know whether he has an eye for a beautiful nose, and whether he shares your opinion of what constitutes a beautiful nose. You'll also know whether the changes he proposes are enough to be meaningful to you, and whether he understands your wishes enough to address all of your priorities. But remember, you're not hiring him for his skills with the computer. The doctor must then show you his before and after photos to prove that he can actually accomplish what he draws on the computer.

Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon