Revision needed. What is the best technique for this procedure? (Photo)

I have cartlidge on the bridge of my nose 1 year on from primary surgery I had a broken nose that had a twisted tip and collapsed nostril it was operated on but the nose has not stayed straight and there's now cartlidge making a hump and the tip is droopy. What is the best technics to be used for this revision procedure.

Revision Rhinoplasty Question

Thank you for your question.  Your picture is limited in its scope, but it appears you may have a prominent edge of the cartilage graft which was placed on your dorsum.  I would recommend that you discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  If you are seeking a second opinion, be sure to consult with a board certified facial plastic or general plastic surgeon who specializes in rhinoplasty.  You may be able to correct this prominent edge with a closed procedure, depending on its severity.

I hope that this helps!

-David Gilpin

Nashville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision rhinoplasty needed. What is the best technique for this procedure?

A closed rhinoplasty approach can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump and straightening the nose with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose.. A full set of facial photographs and an in-person examination are usually required on a revision rhinoplasty, since that's more difficult than a primary rhinoplasty. The droopy tip can also be lifted with cartilage grafting techniques. For more information  And many examples, please see the link and the video below

Revision rhinoplasty

You would have to be examined in person to determine what is appropriate.   You also only showed one photo with a very limited view.

Revision nose

jimmy darko, the best idea is to see an experienced surgeon that does "only faces" and has great photos. See the video and good luck!

M. Sean Freeman, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon

Revision needed. What is the best technique for this procedure?

Without a full set of photos- as well as pre-op photos, and the benefit of physical exam- it's difficult to answer your question accurately. Best to consult with a Board Certified PS with extensive experience in Rhinoplasty