How can I reduce puffiness after fat transfer. Has too much fat been transferred? (Photos)

I had under eye fat transfer 3 months ago. I now have a malar bag (I think) under one eye. I didn't have it before. I have put a cortisone cream on it which reduced it but it is still there. It is making me depressed. My surgeon told me it may be roseacea. I have never had that. How do I get rid of it? Has too much fat been put under my eye?

Fat Transfer, How to Improve Final Results? TEMPLES / FACE

Sorry for your frustration. You could
try lymphatic massage, RF treatments like exilis ultra or venus legacy, oral corticosteroids and diuretics all to resolve the swelling. I suggest speaking to your physician. Best, Dr. Emer.

Eye and swelling

Swelling can persist in the lower eyelid region for many months. This may be malaria edema that got aggravated by the procedure.

Fat transfer to lids

You do seem to have some swelling of the lower lid at the malar pad.  After any procedure in the lower lids swelling may persist in this area for up to 6 months.  Try a little massage over the area.  Some ultrasound such as Ulthera may also help to flatten it out.  

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Bag under lower eyelid

This looks like swelling from maybe the fat.Try massage and if not perhaps some simple lipo with a small cannula will remove it.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon