What would your professional recommendations in regards to my nose and getting a rhinoplasty? (photo)

I have always felt my nose was to big for my face. Having been worried my whole life, I do not smile as when I do my nose widens making it look bigger. I feel that my nose dosent suit my face shape as I don't have a very large head and my teeth aswell as me lips are small. Any recomendations, as I'm looking to take the next step to rectify this problem.

Nose reshaping

I agree with your concerns regarding size mismatch with your nose and overall facial features.  You would benefit from rhinoplasty with tip and base narrowing among other things.  I use Canfield's Vectra M3 3D imaging system for pre-operative planning where you can visualize the simulated "after" images before the surgery is actually completed.  

Sarasota Facial Plastic Surgeon

Mandy - Thank you for your pictures.  You are correct - your nose does not fit the rest of your face, plain and simple.  The plan to improve its overall appearance would be to improve the definition of the nasal dorsum and mid vault (the area just above the nasal tip), but more importantly help refine and give definition to the tip which would make the nose more elegant. In doing so, it would give it a much more feminine look. My question to you is do you have any trouble breathing? Any history of trauma? The reason I ask is because if there are any septal dislocations or breaks they can affect the position of the nasal tip (depending on where they are).  Regardless, I think you would do well with a rhinoplasty.  Nothing replaces an in person examination, as you know! Best of luck.  I hope some of this helps.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Goals

A rhinoplasty specialist will be able to comprehensively address the issues you have with your nose. While there are a variety of approaches and techniques employed by various surgeons, it is up to you to do your due diligence to find a rhinoplasty specialist in order to achieve the best results possible. Using autologous grafts (tissue and cartilage from your own body) will provide the safest and most permanent results. Looking at computer-morphed images with your surgeon during consultation will give you a good idea of what is possible, and also give you a great chance to convey to your surgeon what you envision.

Donald B. Yoo, MD

Good candidate for Rhinoplasty

After reviewing your photos, you would be a very good candidate for cosmetic rhinoplasty. A reduction and thinning of your tip with tip-plasty would refine your nose and give a more feminine look. The after result can be demonstrated accurately on our Computer Imager. It's time for you to smile :)

Edward J. Gross, MD
Orlando Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty, some advices:

Thank you very much for sharing your concerns with us.

The harmony between facial parts makes us instinctively recognize the beauty... without knowing it, without defining it, just a perception that surprises and captivates us.

In this regard, I suggest perform a Closed Rhinoplasty (without visible scars) to treat the tip, base and nasal bridge.
With this procedure you get a delicate nose, better harmonize with your other facial features.

Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Rhinoplasty to reduce the size of the nose

A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish making  the nose smaller, less projecting and narrower.  The bulbous tip is reduced with suture techniques and the conservative cartilage removal.  The nose will still widen when smiling, but just not as much.  For more information in many examples, please see the link below

What would your professional recommendations in regards to my nose and getting a rhinoplasty?

It appears from your photos- that you would benefit from a complete Rhinoplasty in order to address all elements of your nose. Seek an experienced Board Certified PS for in person exam

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a tip de-projection to make your nose overall smaller.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD