What procedures would be best to correct and enhance my Tuberous breasts? (Photos)

I've been looking into breast augmentation for a while now and have decided it is something that I will be pursuing at the end of this year. I have been advised that I have tuberous breasts and was wondering what procedures I would require to get the larger, rounder, normal breast I've always wanted?

Procedures to correct tuberous breasts

Procedures to corrTreatment Because there is a wide range of appearances, from mild to severe, the surgical treatment for Tuberous Breast Deformity or TBD must address the following elements for a successful result :
  • Breast Base Grade: l,ll, or lll
  • Asymmetry left and right
  • Skin envelope
  • Areola size, shape, herniation, and position
  • Breast volume
  • Ptosis (drooping)
  • Breast fold position and size.
Mild forms of TBD can be undiagnosed often leading to incorrect or incomplete surgery. The surgery must address all of the anatomical problems including: breast fold malposition, constricted or narrow breast base. Surgical procedures may include the following:
  • Implant alone
  • Type and shape of implant
  • One or more stages
  • The use of tissue expansion and implants
  • Pocket placement
  • Placement of incisions
  • Breast lift and type
  • Correction of the breast base and breast fold,
  • Correction of the areola.
  • The use of fat grafting or natural breast enhancement to help shape the breast with or without implants

Tuberous breast deformity and breast augmentation.

Breast augmentation is a good way to correct the tightness of a tuberous breast deformity. The keys to the procedure are to properly release the tight constricting bands of the lower breast. When done correctly, this allows the implant to fill out the lower breast pole and achieves a rounder appearance to the breast. The folds may also be lowered at this time. Given your photos, the release of the lower poles with implants should be enough to achieve the look your are going for. Be sure to consult with more than one plastic surgeon.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Treatment for Tubular Breast Deformity

Tubular breast deformity occurs when connective tissues of the breast do not allow the growing breast tissue to expand thus giving the breast a tubular or pyramidal shape. Your photo does not appear to involve significant constriction of the existing breast tissue and may be amendable to a typical breast augmentation procedure. Some more severe caes require tissue expansion ( using surgically placed tissue expanders)to stretch the skin and breast tissue with subsequent placement of an implant( a second surgical procedure). 

Nick Masri, MD

How to find the right doctor to enhance tuberous breasts

Far more important than the technique is the skill and experience of your plastic surgeon. Choose your surgeon rather than the technique and let them explain why one technique may be better than another. 
See the below link on some suggestions on finding the most qualified Plastic Surgeon for a BBL Always insist on a board certified plastic surgeon.

Tuberous Breasts

Your "deformity" is mild/moderate at best. You have good symmetry and position. Most surgeons would likely perform an augmentation through a periareolar approach, release/score the inferior pole constricted breast tissue with radial cuts through the tissue and perhaps do an areolar reduction. This is not an uncommon finding and most experienced breast surgeons are skilled at dealing with it.

Robert H. Hunsaker, MD

Tuberous breasts

You appear in the photos to have mildly tuberous breasts.  I would recomment a breast augmentation with low2ering of the infra-mammary crease, to place the nipples in the middle third of your breast.  Whether or not you mess with the mild herniation and elargemnt of your nipple areolae are up to you.  Personally, I would save your sensation and leave the nipples alone, but it is your call.  You can have beautiful breasts

Paul Silverstein, MD
Oklahoma City Plastic Surgeon

You may need up to 3 separate operations. 1st try Composite augmentation with implant, inferior pole release and fat grafting (after Dr DelVecchio). Than allow 3 months healing, see the results attained than d second surgery to refine the results if needed.

Tuberous breasts

Tuberous breasts present in different degrees of severity.  Three hallmark features of tuberous breasts include enlarged areolas, herniation of breast tissue through the areola, and a constricted base.  Best to discuss particular options during an in-person consultation.  I wish you good luck.