Will a natural nerve supplement help with numbness? (Photo)
1 year ago
I just recently had an abdominoplasty and breast augmentation on 8.11.16. In 2007 I had a reverse abdominoplasty (which didn't work; basically no results) and for years I didn't have much feeling, if any, by my sternum where the scar was. I was wondering if I took a natural supplement to help regenerate damaged nerves (Plexus Nerve), would that be beneficial? Is the numbness due to nerve damage during the procedure? Thank you!
Doctor Answers 1
Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and breast augmentation.
- I am sorry the reverse tummy tuck didn't help back in 2007
- You seem to have had the right procedures now.
- The Plexus Nerve Supplement needs to be approved by your surgeon -
- It may do no harm but is unlikely to change the outcome.
- You have several reasons for numbness -first is surgical swelling.
- This takes 6 - 9 months to subside fully.
- It is a biologic process that you can't hurry up.
- Feeling usually returns as swelling goes away.
- Second however are the two incisions which will have cut some nerves.
- However the nerves come in from the sides so your chances are good that feeling will return.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as
a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you
have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute
or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.