Will a natural nerve supplement help with numbness? (Photo)

I just recently had an abdominoplasty and breast augmentation on 8.11.16. In 2007 I had a reverse abdominoplasty (which didn't work; basically no results) and for years I didn't have much feeling, if any, by my sternum where the scar was. I was wondering if I took a natural supplement to help regenerate damaged nerves (Plexus Nerve), would that be beneficial? Is the numbness due to nerve damage during the procedure? Thank you!

Tummy tuck and breast augmentation - will supplements help>

Thank you for asking about your tummy tuck and breast augmentation.
  • I am sorry the reverse tummy tuck didn't help back in 2007 
  • You seem to have had the right procedures now.
  • The Plexus Nerve Supplement needs to be approved by your surgeon -
  • It may do no harm but is unlikely to change the outcome.
  • You have several reasons for numbness -first is surgical swelling.
  • This takes 6 - 9 months to subside fully.
  • It is a biologic process that you can't hurry up.
  • Feeling usually returns as swelling goes away.
  • Second however are the two incisions which will have cut some nerves.
  • However the nerves come in from the sides so your chances are good that feeling will return.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS