How long does Juverderm last?

I got Juverderm under my eyes last year in April 2015. It was heaps better but I realise later on when I smile you can see the lumps under my eyes. I feel like it makes me look older when I smile. Can I do anything to get rid of it or make it less visible? Should I cut the fat under my eyes? I'm at the age of 26.

Facial Sculpting Using Fillers Like Voluma, Radiesse, Lyft, Juvederm and Sculptra and Fat; Buccal Fat Pad; Botox; Liposuction

Juvederm and other HA fillers typically last 6-12 months, voluma may last a little longer. I suggest you see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Juvederm in Tear Troughs

Juvederm treatment is FDA approved to last up to one year. A Juvederm injection in the tear troughs tends to last a bit longer but is not the ideal product to be using in that area. I apologize you are unhappy with your results. Consult with your physician about Hyaluronidase, which will help dissolve it and hopefully you will be happier with your appearance. Good luck!

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm for tear troughs.

Juvederm is not an idea product to have injected into the tear troughs.  It is best to return to your injector and have the product dissolved with Hyaluronidase if you are unhappy.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvaderm

Hi ~ Juvaderm in the tear troughs usually lasts one year. You have the option to get the juvaderm dissolved with hyaluronidase but it may be best to wait a few more months and see if the juvaderm resolves. Good luck.

Michael Hromadka, MD
Kalispell Physician

Juvederm under eyes.

Juvederm lasts different lengths of time dependent on where it is injected and who is injected. Filler in the tear troughs tends to last the longest and can last for over a year or more in some patients. Additionally, Juvederm in the tear troughs can often cause swelling in the area, therefore, isn't the best filler choice for that location. Restylane is a more appropriate filler choice for the tear troughs. If you are unhappy with how the filler is looking, I would recommend you return to your injecting physician to have them dissolve the filler with Hyaluronidase. 

Lenore Sikorski, MD
Orange County Dermatologist

How long does Juvederm last under the eyes

All HA fillers like Juvederm last different lengths of time in different people and in different places on your face.  The fillers lasts the longest in the tear troughs.  I have seen various HA fillers last years in that area.  It sounds like you were pretty happy with the treatment, however, we do not recommend Juvederm for that area.  In many patients in tends to swell and give a less than natural look.  For that reason I use Restylane which works better for that particular area.  You have two options, one is to wait (maybe years) for the filler to dissolve.  The other is to have the filler dissolved with hyaluronidase which, most likely, will complete remove the filler and return the area to how it looked before the treatment.  Hope that is helpful. 

Marc Cohen, MD
Philadelphia Oculoplastic Surgeon

Juvederm timeframe...

Thank you for your question.  Juvederm typically lasts up to 1 year, however the time it lasts is truly dependent upon the person and where they were injected.  For example areas of high motion like the lips will typically only last a few months, however in the tear troughs i would expect the filler to last approximately 9 months.  Some people get extended effects and even delayed reactions to hyaluronic acid fillers like Juvederm.  In the future if you were to inject the tear troughs again I would recommend Restylane rather than Juvederm for this area.  The different fillers have different properties and thusly, some are more useful in certain areas, tear troughs being one of them where Restylane or Belotero are much better choices than Juvederm.  If you feel like you still have fillers and lumps please follow up with an expert Dermatologist or Oculoplastic Surgeon for further evaluation and management.  Regards, Dr. Matt Elias

Matthew Elias, DO, FAAD
Fort Lauderdale Dermatologic Surgeon