Do I need a lift and would overs or undes be more natural? (Photo)

Hi there Just wondering if I can get away with no lift ? Also wondering if overs or unders would give a more natural look ?

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question.

From your photo, it appears that you would benefit from a breast lift.  A lift would reposition your nipples and reshape your breasts, giving them a more youthful appearance.

The best way to determine implant size is based on chest wall measurements that fit your body.  Once we determine that we can choose the profile based on what you want or need to achieve.  

Implants under the muscle, there is less risk of capsular contracture.  Anatomic implants tend to give a more natural shape with more nipple projection.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.  Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Lift with implants needed?

Thank you for sharing your photos. It looks like you have a second grade ptosis and breast asymmetry, in this case a breast lift with implants will be the best choice to make your breast symmetric and raise your nipples. The boarding way, position and the scar will be determined on your evaluation with your plastic surgeon.

hope my answer will help you to your question.

Before undergoing any surgical procedure, please seek a board certified plastic surgeon

Jairo Ulerio, MD

Lift with implants needed?

Your photo is not adequate to form a conclusion however you may be a candidate for a limited uplift in conjunction with medium and not excessively sized breast implants.  I always prefer partial subpectoral or "dual plane" placement rather than subglandular placement.  The video above will give you additional useful information.

Meet with one or two Bd Certified plastic surgeons to discuss options based on an actual exam and discussion of your priorities.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Lift?

It looks like you may benefit from a lift. As far as above or below the muscle, I prefer to place them below the muscle in the majority of patients.

Please put your front, side pictures. These pictures are easier to see if they are taking by someone else not close to the camera of the area you are interested only to give you a better answer.    It all depends on the position of the nipple on the breast. The further down the nipple is in relation to the fold the more the chances are the patient needs a lift.      over or under muscle doesn't dictate what size implant we can use.  The muscle coverage is helpful in very thin patients and seems to reduce capsular contracture according to some scientific studies. Under the breast tissue is the most natural feel and has a less chance of animation deformity when the pectoralis muscle contracts. In most instances only the top implant is covered by muscle and the reset of the implant ends up under the breast tissue.  Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Breast Augmentation and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely. 

Many surgeons, including myself, offer online virtual consultations where you send us your photos and we can estimate the cost. I, like many surgeons, also offer free consultations so that you can be examined and given the most accurate quote.

Do I need a lift and would overs or undes be more natural?

depends on may issues that can not be discussed over the internet. Best to seek a few in person opinions.

Lift likely best to combine with implants

Thanks for your question. The photo doesn't really demonstrate the position of the nipple relative to the inframammary fold (IMF). This is best seen on lateral view. With regard to "natural" it is best to show your surgeon pictures to demonstrate what "natural" is in your mind. I would favor combining the lift with the implant under the muscle based on the limited photo. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Surgical plan

While it's hard to tell in the photo due to the angle at which the photo was taken, it looks like you would be a candidate for a lift, together with implants.  Perhaps you are a candidate for one of the smaller lifts - like a donut or vertical design.  An in-person exam would be necessary to determine this.

In general, I think that implants behind the muscle have a number of key advantages, and are what I usually recommend.

The photo is inadequate for evaluation of your breasts. Implants under the muscle are the preferred location by the vast majority of surgeons. If you want to resubmit with photos, they need to be level front and both sides, nipples showing, arms at your sides. 

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Do I need a BREAST lift and would overs or undes be more natural?

Thank you for your question.  As others have stated a formal examination is necessary to determine if you need a breast lift.  However you do have a degree of ptosis or sagging based on your photograph.  The key issue is whether your nipple as above or below the inframammary crease.  If the nipple is below the crease then you definitely will need a lift in addition to an implant.  If you need a lift I prefer to place the implant under the muscle to help prevent interference with blood supply to the nipple areola which could result in nipple loss if the blood supply is compromised.  To understand why you may need a breast lift please read the following link: