Labiaplasty healing? (Photo)

Hello I'm wondering if my labiaplasty is healing properly? I thought it may be infected? I have a reoccurring stinging feeling

Labiaplasty: Postoperative Healing

Thank you for your question.  Swelling is common after labiaplasty with the amount dependent in part based on the time since surgery.  The final result will be seen after several months, which at that time one can evaluate if a secondary surgery would be recommended.  I would recommend contacting the surgeon who performed the original surgery to evaluate your current condition.  If you wish to be evaluated for a secondary procedure, I would recommend an experienced cosmetic genital surgeon. 

Best of luck.     

Jeffrey S. Palmer, MD, FACS, FAAP (Cosmetic Urologist, Cleveland, Ohio)

Cleveland Urologist

Stinging feeling from constrictive sutures

Sorry about your results. The sutures used are constricting your tissues and will result in lumpy and uneven edges. Ask your surgeon to remove them, once he/she does you're discomfort will improve and you'll have less of a chance of permanent suture tracks and bumps.You'll likely want a revision, but as the swelling reduces you may be ok with it.

Oscar A. Aguirre, MD
Denver Urogynecologist

Your labiaplasty was done with meatball sutures. That's why it looks lumpy and stings.

Swelling is common after labiaplasty, but lumpy swelling is the result of deep through and through sutures widely spaced. Not a very refined technique and prone to a lumpy appearance down the line. Hopefully, it will heal without residual lumps. Otherwise, you'll need a revision in 6 months.

Post-Op Labiaplasty Healing

Swelling after #Labiaplasty is usually present for several weeks, and this does not mean that you have any sort of infection.  It’s possible that swelling can persist for two or three months and firmness of tissue can remain for 4=6 months. Postoperative care will usually consist of sitz baths or soaking the area in warm soapy water starting approximately 2 days after a surgery.  The sutures will dissolve over the course of several weeks.  This will in part depend upon the #Labiaplasty technique used, the amount of brusing and they way in which your body heals. Ice can help reduce swelling. Arnica and Bromelain may help.  Direct massage may be useful as well. Good luck to you!

Few days post-op appearance

The healing looks OK, as much as I can tell from only a not-closeup-photo. Your surgeon did use alrge-caliber tight sutures which may end up leaving 
"grooves," although it is much too early to tell. You really won't know final appearance until at least 6-8 weeks from surgery.
Michael P Goodman, MDDavis, CA, USA

Stinging after labiaplasty

From you picture, the incisions appear to be healing well. An in person exam with your surgeon is always the best way to ensure this. It will help to rinse off the area with a water bottle after urination and avoiding topical creams or lotions. 

Infection?

Although only a picture to go by for a diagnosis and therefore you should be evaluated by your surgeon, I do not see any evidence of infection.   Best of luck with your healing process.

Labiaplasty healing?

Thank you for your question and for sharing your photograph.  Though you have residual soft tissue swelling from your trim labiaplasty it appears that all is healing well, and I do no see any signs of infection.  The stinging feeling may be a subtle separation at your incision line or the suture material as it begins to dissolve.  Hope this  helps.