How can I improve my profile? (Photos)

I'm 24 and feel like my profile is really, well, flat. I'd like to get some lip filler, and considering chin filler too but would love some professional opinions.

Candidate for a chin implant

Without an exam your question cannot be answered. However, your photos are helpful and you are probably a good candidate for a Chin Augmentation. You will need to see an Oral/Maxillofacial surgeon to see if othognathic surgery, genioplasty or using an implant is best for your specific case. It should be noted that patients with severely weak jaws or abnormally functioning jaws may be better treated with other facial surgery (orthognathic surgery), although a chin augmentation may be an option at a later time. These patients should seek the advice of a plastic surgeon to determine which course is right for them. Here is some information to help you make this decision:
Candidates for Chin Augmentation -
Patients whose chin profiles are weak but have normally functioning jaws are candidates for Chin Augmentation. Many of these candidates have used injectable fillers in the past to strengthen the protrusion of their chins, but are looking for a permanent solution. If you are one of these patients, then you are a likely candidate for chin augmentation.

Chin Implant Candidate

A chin augmentation with implant would provide you with the best procedure to balance your profile.  Submental (under the chin) liposuction is an additional procedure which can be performed at the time of chin augmentation to further refine your profile.  Both procedures can be safely performed under local anesthesia with mild sedation, without the need for general anesthesia and hospital time.  Good Luck!

Anthony Corrado, DO
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

CHIN AUGMENTATION CANDIDATE

Dear Serenajea, You would benefit nicely with a chin augmentation and possible liposuction of the sub-mental area. This will bring nice balance to your overall facial aesthetics and especially your profile. See some examples in the video above and link below. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

You

A chin implant in a patient that would benefit from it, is probably one of the most spectacular cosmetic results. From your photos it appears you have a very nice profile but a weak chin. An extended chin in plant will give you a fantastic result. 

Carl W. "Rick" Lentz III, MD

Improving My Profile

Chin augmentation would improve your profile. Fillers will add volume I don't feel they will provide adequate definition in a chin as weak as yours. I suggest you consider an implant. Your lips can be enhanced with injections of fillers or your own fat.

How can I improve my profile?

Hi, I have performed many Chin Augmentations using dermal fillers, or chin implants for a permanent enhancement, for over 30 years.  From the photos, your chin is weak and your upper lip is a bit thin.  A weak chin creates an imbalance making the nose appear larger, the mid face top heavy and the lower face look short that de-emphasizes the lips and allows early formation of a double chin.  Chin augmentation using a chin implant will add projection to the chin creating harmony and balance to the lower face. 

I have found that placement of a silastic chin implant, through a small curved incision under the chin (also allows excess skin removal) to be very safe, quick, highly effective and far less invasive than a sliding genioplasty.  I perform chin implant surgery in 30 minutes or less, often using a local anesthetic alone.  In my opinion, you are a good candidate for chin implant surgery.  you can always choose to start with a dermal filler to the chin as well as the upper lip.

Hope this helps.

Chin implant candidate for weak chin profile

The side profile demonstrates a weak and recessive chin, for which a chin implant can improve. Chin implants are performed for patients who have a recessesive mandible. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, are placed through a submental approach under local anesthesia as an outpatient procedure. Fillers do not work well in this area, since they  treat soft tissue deficiencies, while  a recessive chin is a bony deficiency.  Fillers will have to be repeated often. For more information and many examples of chin implants, please see the link and the video below

How can I improve my profile?

Would offer non surgical rhinoplasty/chin enhancement/lips fill. I would use Juvederm to nasal bridge (1 syringe), Juvederm's Voluma (2 syringes) to chin, 1 syringe Restylane to lips. Fee $5,000.