Is this a hematoma? BA done in Miami, US. But have returned to Australia (Photo)

I had a breast augmentation 11 days ago in Miami, Florida. Very concerned about my bruising on my left breast. The bruised area is extremely hard, and the left breast remains hard and very high compared to the right breast which is soft and dropped a bit. My left breast has been noticeably harder than my right from day 1. I had been told this could be a hematoma and may need a surgical procedure done? I've emailed the PS clinic, but won't hear back for a while due to time difference, freaking out a bit.

Hematoma

Based on your photos, it looks as if this could be a hematoma, but it is not something that can be diagnosed online. You need to find a plastic surgeon in your area and schedule an appointment as soon as possible. Sorry that you are experiencing this. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Haematoma 11 days post op breast augmentation

Hi there,

Common things happen commonly! I think if you have significant differential signs between the two sides with localised bruising, increasing firmness and tenderness in the affected side, it's best to assume it's a haematoma until proven otherwise.

Given the lack of timely access to your original surgeon overseas, I highly recommend you to see a local plastic surgeon for further clinical assessment +/- management as required.

Best wishes

Ellis Choy

Is this a hematoma? BA done in Miami, US. But have returned to Australia

Thank you for your question and images. Although the bruising alone is not indicative of a haematoma your description of asymmetry, firmness and fullness may be suggestive. I would recommend you see a plastic surgeon locally for an opinion. A clinical examination is really what is required at this stage. 
Regards
Dr Guy Watts

Do you have hematoma

Tingling, burning or shooting pains, which will disappear with time and should not alarm you, indicate regeneration of the sensory nerves. If these sensations cause pain, repeated, local self-massage helps.
The final shape of your breasts will start to look its best approximately three (3) months after surgery. It takes time for the skin and muscle to stretch and relax around the new implant. The breast will often look higher, firmer, and “less natural” in the first three (3) months. It can take up to a year to see your final result.

You should keep following up with a local surgeon just to make sure as it is difficult to help you without an in person examination. Your description might indicate a hematoma but you would need to be seen to make sure. 

Breast Augmentation

Contact a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to be examined.  Best of luck.

Is this a hematoma?

Thank you for posting your photo and question. While your photos and description of the area suggest a hematoma, this cannot be properly diagnosed without an in person evaluation with a plastic surgeon. I suggest that you contact a plastic surgeon in your area for an evaluation to diagnose the problem and discuss your options with you. Best wishes during your recovery.

Mennen T. Gallas, MD
Katy Plastic Surgeon

See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area, to be assessed in person, especially if you cannot return to your operating surgeon. Best of Luck

Post op hematoma

This could very well be a hematoma and you should seek an in person consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon near you.

Justin B. Maxhimer, MD
Boulder General Surgeon

Complications after Surgery

Thank you for your question.  Based on your picture and description, this could be a hematoma with bruising. I would recommend making an appointment with a plastic surgeon in your area who could evaluate who and determine if the hematoma will need operative drainage.  This is something that requires an exam in person to determine the next course of action.  All the best

Keshav Magge, MD
Bethesda Plastic Surgeon

Concerns About Breast Augmentation Performed in Another Country #plasticsurgery #breastaug

• Without a physical examination, it isn't possible to say whether or not you have a hematoma that needs to be addressed surgically. 
  • You will need to set up an appointment with a plastic surgeon in your area to be evaluated. 
  • Best of luck to you!