Would a hairline reduction be worth it? (photo)

I have a widows peak and my peak has been 'receeding' in recent years. I would like to undergo this procedure to lower and create an oval hairline. I was wondering if it was possible to change the shape of your hairline, going from widows peak to oval? I am 19 years old and have very very thick aburn hair. However I have had at least one past surgical scar (non cosmetic) turn hypertrophic. Is this procedure worth it and will the scar be noticeable after healing? If not, are there alternatives?

Hair transplant surgery can lower and round out your hair line to a oval shape. It is best to consult with a doctor for a

Hair transplant surgery can lower and round out your hair line to a oval shape.  It is best to consult with a doctor for a better understanding of what is possible.  Hair transplant surgery does not leave a scar on the hair line.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Forehead Reduction and Hairline Shape

Hairline shape and position can be modified but only you can decide if it is worth it. I've never seen a hypertrophic scar after this surgery. If it's any reassurance, a few micro-graphs could be placed along the hairline after surgery if you felt part of the incision was visible.

Yes hairline lowerings work

On my website, there are great pictures of hair transplant lowering procedures in women in our gallery. The link below discusses hairline lowering. 

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hairline shape

Your asymmetric hairline and brows need more evaluation to really give an opinion. Scalp and forehead scarring is usually much better than scars elsewhere on the body. The key to the " invisible" hairline scar is the direction of hair growth and the density of the hair at the hairline. A number of other factors must be evaluated to determine if you are a candidate for hairline lowering. This operation can be done in a way to remove the widows peak and and give you a more oval hairline.  Alternatively, hair transplantation can be done to reshape your hairline precisely how you want it. It would likely take 2 sessions to match the apparent density you have.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD FACS
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon