I've had gynecomastia surgery and bilateral liposuction and don't see any big difference. Is it too soon to start stressing?

Hi I have had liposuction around my abdomen and gynecomastia surgery around about a month ago to be precise, now I look at my self and see no big difference I thought I was gonna have a flat chest and my abdomen will be flat, I have read a lot on this site and other sights. So I think it is too soon and I think it should take 3 to 6 months but to me I think it's just not gonna happen am I stressing or should I have hope?

What to Expect Post Gynecomastia Surgery

Following #Gynecomastia #surgery, your incisions will go through a maturation #process. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Bruising and #swelling are normal and usually increase slightly after the removal of any tape or foam. The bruising will decrease over 3-4 weeks, but may last as long as 6 weeks. The majority of the swelling will be gone within the first 3-4 weeks. However, it may take 6-9 weeks to disappear completely. 

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Gynecomastia results

Give it a little bit more time. In some cases, men do require follow up surgeries. In my practice, I let my patients know when this is a possibility so they are prepared. I generally do a staged approach to avoid scarring. But, your plastic surgeon would likely have told you if he or she expected a follow up surgery.

Michael Law, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Post gynecomastia surgery

Often there is a lot of swelling after surgery.  This will take 4-6 months for you to see the final results. Best of luck and be patient.

Gynecomastia surgery recovery and results

Although you should see some result at this point you are still early and need to give it another 2 months before you start to judge the final result. 

I've had gynecomastia surgery and bilateral liposuction and don't see any big difference. Is it too soon to start stressing

In my experience you should already be seeing improvements and results... Best to compare before to present photos...