Disappointed. Should my surgeon be held accountable and fix this without it affecting my wallet? (Photo)

Very disappointed paid alot of money for a warped unattractive nose. Should my surgeon be held accountable and fix this with out it affecting my wallet.

Refund after rhinoplasty?

Some surgeon do occasionally refund a patient money. This happens most often when the outcome is poor, such as when the result is worse than the original nose. However patients know the results of rhinoplasty aren't guaranteed, so they are assuming risk when they agree to surgery. Someone has to be in the 10% of unsuccessful outcomes. Since they knew there is a chance of failure, it's difficult to then demand a refund when it happens. If there is overall improvement, then it's very unlikely any patient would obtain a refund regardless of their feelings. 

Unhappy after rhinoplasty

I am sorry you are unhappy after the surgery. Before any opinion can be given, more information is needed. Another plastic surgeon would need to see the preoperative photos as well as much better post operative photos. Also when was the surgery, and what was actually done to the nose. Nothing beats an in person exam. Your original surgeon does want you to be happy, please see him/her to understand your options including the potential costs of a secondary procedure

Eric Weiss MD

Eric Weiss, MD, FACS
Orange Park Plastic Surgeon

Hard to tell. Need more photos.

See the "Web reference" link, just below my post. At the *very* bottom of that page is a link to instructions on taking photos that are most useful for online consultations like this. If I have good images, I can often give useful advice on a situation like this.

Steven M. Denenberg, MD
Omaha Facial Plastic Surgeon

Disappointed after rhinoplasty

It is hard to answer your question from the single poor quality photo provided.

Rhinoplasty results cannot adequately be appreciated until all swelling has resolved.  In some cases this can take up to a year.  A strategy for going forward would be to take good quality photographs every month until the results appear to stabilize.  If you are unhappy then discuss your concerns with your surgeon.  Surgeons who perform a lot of rhinoplasties recognize that sometimes revisions are needed.  In my practice we provide this without additional surgical fees.  Hopefully you are working with a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery who has a lot of experience in this arena.