Is there a difference beteween coolsculpting & 3D lipo? If there is, what is it?

Thank you for your question. Yes, there is quite a difference as CoolSculpting is a nonsurgical procedure while liposuction is surgical. If you are debating between the two, I would recommend seeing a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. This way, you can explain your concerns, learn more about the procedures, and determine which procedure would be better for you. An in-person assessment is always best. Regards,

Hi and thanks for your question. I am not sure what you mean by "3D" lipo but there is a difference in outcomes between liposuction, which is a surgical procedure, and coolsculpting, which is a non-invasive treatment to remove fat. Liposuction generally results in about a 70-80% improvement in an area whereas coolsculpting results in about a 20-25% improvement with one treatment.

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS, FICS
Triple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS