Board certified facial plastic surgeon for Coolsculpting?

Why would a facial plastic surgeon recommend that someone interested in coolsculpting consult with a board certified facial plastic surgeon and not a board certified plastic surgeon?

Coolsculpting

It is important to be seen by a doctor who is board certified and very experienced with coolsculpting. Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting Treatment

I suggest you go to someone who is board certified AND experienced in the coolsculpting treatment.  it is best you go to someone who does sculpting (ie uses multiple machines and knows how to overlap treatments/patterns) and uses Zwave post treatment or combines coolsculpting with RF technology to get enahnced results.  Otherwise get liposuction as the results are better and can give you more contouring/body shaping like results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

It is best for you to be evaluated by someone experienced with the Coolsculpting Technology. 
Zeltiq has a website regarding Coolsculpting with information about certified surgeons that may be helpful in your research.

Coolsculpting and Treatment

Coolsculpting is a non-invasive, non-surgical way of reducing fat in a given area.  The technology was developed by a dermatologist.  The best person to perform Coolsculpting would be a board certified physician with training in non-invasive lasers and Coolsculpting.  Best, Dr. Green

Coolsculpting history

I am not sure why someone would make that specific of a recommendation. If you look at the history of the technology, it was developed by two Harvard dermatologists. I would recommend seeing a aesthetic physician that is experienced in the non-invasive treatment of fat and your best bets would be a dermatologist or plastic surgeon. 

Omar Ibrahimi, MD, PhD
Stamford Dermatologic Surgeon