I am looking at having a breast lift with implants. How long will it be before I can feed my baby?

Breastfeeding and surgery

Thanks for the questionI recommend you to breastfeed and then perform surgery, these means after 6 months of delivery.Kind regards

Recovery after a breast lift with implants

Thank you for your question. Every surgeon will have his/her own preferences as to recovery for specific procedures. If you mean breast feeding i would suggest you wait until youre done breastfeeding to have this surgery. If you mean carrying the baby to feed him/her then a period of about 2 to 3 weeks should be ok. It's best to be sure that everything is healed. The best person to advise you on this is your specific surgeon.  

Breast Feeding and Breast Surgery

Your question is a little unclear but it appears that you're still breast feeding??? Or maybe you're talking about holding your child and feeding them?  Any sort of cosmetic breast surgery is best performed in stable breasts.  It usually takes 3-6 months for this to happen when you've breast fed.  As for holding your baby, it's best to wait around 4-6 weeks.  Check with your surgeon first.  

Justin Yovino, MD, FACS

I am looking at having a breast lift with implants. How long will it be before I can feed my baby

I ask the patients that are breast feeding not to have any breast surgery until a minimum of 3 months after stopping the breast feeding. Doing the surgery while there is still breast milk present does increase chances of infection. If you have the breast augmentation and breast lift while still breast feeding your breast milk will likely dry up while you are waiting for things to heal.

Julio Garcia, MD

Breast augmentation with lift / breast feeding

Thank you for your questions. One cannot have a breast lift with a breast enlargement while you have milk coming out of your breast . You need to wait until after you finish Brest feeding before you under go surgery . For more information on breast lift / breast enlargement please watch the enclosed video.

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

Thank you for your question.I would recommend that you wait 6 months to 1 year after you finish breast feeding prior to undergoing elective surgery.  This will give your body adequate time to heal and recover.The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Breast surgery and breast feeding

Thanks for your inquiry, you should finish breast feeding for several months prior to your surgery. Breast feeding can influence the aesthetics of the final result.  Good Luck.  

Breast feeding

If you are breast feeding I would wait at minimum of 6 months after you finish breast feeding before considering surgery. You need to be weight stable also. There is no rush and you also are best to complete your family before undergoing this combination surgery. 

Gary L. Ross, MBChB, FRCS
Manchester Plastic Surgeon

Breastfeeding

In my practice I ask breastfeeding mothers to stop for at least 4 months before we do any breast surgery. While it's possible to breast feed after a breast lift in many women it is never a guarantee so if that's very important to you I would recommend waiting until you are done nursing the last one. Good luck!

Breast augmentation

you should totally wait for at least 4-6 months after you finish breast feeding before you have any breast surgery.  If you plan to have more children soon then I would wait until you are completely done before the surgery.
Good luck!

Mark T. Boschert, MD
Saint Louis Plastic Surgeon