Breast Implants with no Lift? (photos)

Could breast implants alone give me fuller, similar sized breasts while increasing symmetry somewhat? I do not expect perfection as I am an older woman and know what I have to work with. Thank you!

No Lift Needed

Thank you for this question and for posting your photos. This is one of the most common questions I hear from patients. I understand their desire to avoid a breast lift, but I'm always honest in my assessment because I know in some cases implants alone can actually worsen the appearance of sagging breasts. That's not true in your case. You have very little sagging, and your nipples are at a nice position on your breasts and pointed slightly upward at an ideal angle. You appear to be an excellent candidate for breast augmentation, which, if performed by an experienced, board-certified plastic surgeon, should also correct the asymmetry you mentioned. Good luck!

Breast Implants!!

The Breast implants can be used to restore volume in deflated breasts, and provide a lifting. This is a great approach in the right patient, and keeps scarring off of the front of the breast which I usually prefer. The implant will increase fullness and fill the skin envelope. Correct placement will also provide a few centimeters of lift, which is all many patients need for things to look perfect.

Augmentation

Most patients have some asymmetry of their breasts. Using breast implants can improve you breast size but not change the position of the nipple/areola. A breast lift will improve your breast nipple/areola  but not make them exactly the same. Your surgeon should be able to show you his/her past patients with a similar appearance to yours to give you an idea of what to expect. 

Ralph M. Rosato, MD
Vero Beach Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation / Tuberous Breasts / Anatomic cohesive gel implants / Silicone Implants/ Revision Breast Augmentation

I appreciate your question.

From your photos, it does not appear that you have a lot of ptosis (droopiness) so you should get a nice result with implants alone.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Breast Augmentation Candidate :)

Hi,

Thanks for posting your question. I am happy to try and help you. It is important to remember that a board certified plastic surgeon will be your best resource when it comes to an accurate assessment of your situation, and concerns.

Having said that, congrats you are a breast augmentation candidate. No lift is required.

Good luck.

Dr. Michael J. Brown
Northern Virginia Plastic Surgeon

Is a breast lift needed?

While there appears to be some asymmetry in the level of your nipple/areolar complexes, you do not have significant ptosis (drooping).  You should have a very nice result with breast augmentation alone.  It sounds as though you have reasonable expectations, so I think you will be very happy.  Good luck!

W. Bryant Walker, MD
Jackson Physician

Implant only

Yes, you  look like you do n to have significant glandular ptosis and an implant alone should give a nice result.

Breast implants +/- lift?

Based on your photos, you have minimal ptosis (sagging) and perhaps about a 30-40 ml difference in size between your two breasts.  You should be able to get excellent results with breast augmentation alone.  To optimize symmetry, you would need to have different volumes in the two implants.  But don't expect your breasts to look EXACTLY alike.  Seek out an experienced board-certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss your options.

Good luck.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for the question. Based on the pictures, you can be able to get a good result from breast augmentation alone.  It would always be best to visit your board-certified plastic surgeon and get a full assessment for your concerns. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Implants or lift or both

As you pointed out you have significant but not major asymmetry.Truth be told ,we can frequently improve asymmetry with different techniques but the result is almost never perfect.It depends on your goals,if you also want increased volume, implants alone if done well could improve the asymmetry.You need to be OK with the short and long term, potential issues with implants.If you are OK with the current size,your left side looks fine for an "older" women you could consider a unilateral rt mastopexy.

Robert Savage, MD (retired)
Wellesley Plastic Surgeon