Am I too big for a BBL? BMI is 36 and I weight 215. (photos)

Everyone I called say I need to loose 20-40 pounds. I have tried to loose weight but the scale don't move, I just get more muscle. I want to get my butt back and then do a tummy tuck. I am healthy just look a mess after getting a tubal done after my last child. What can I do to get my body back?

Am I a good candidate?

Hello dear, thanks for your question. Liposuction slims and reshapes specific areas of the body by removing excess fat deposits and improving your body contours and proportion. Also your BMI cant be over 32 for a plastic surgery

Ideal liposuction candidates are:

• Adults within 30% of their ideal weight who have firm, elastic skin and good muscle tone
  • Healthy individuals who do not have a life-threatening illness or medical conditions that can impair healing
  • Non-smokers
  • Individuals with a positive outlook and specific goals in mind for body contouring

If you are bothered by excess fat deposits – located anywhere on your body – that don’t respond to diet or exercise, liposuction may be right for you.

I recommend to visit a board certified plastic surgeo for a person evaluation and to talk about your goals.

•  Tweet

Too big for a BBL?

Thank you for your question. to reduce your risks during surgery and ensure optimal results it's important to maintain a healthy, well-balanced diet to prepare for surgery. The closer you are to your ideal weight before surgery the better your result will be. The ideal candidate should have a stable weight with a BMI of less than 30. This will help to reduce risks during and after surgery and maximize results. That said, you definitely have to choose your surgeon correctly and make sure that he/she has the training and experience to meet your goals with absolute safety.  Best is a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with specialized expertise in this procedure.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question.

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

Weight and surgery, some advices:

Thank you very much for this interesting and important question.

Trying to lose weight before a surgical procedure its a very delicate matter, since in many cases a restrictive diet can cause problems, such as anemia, electrolyte disturbances, decreased protein, etc ... retarding the healing process and damaging the surgery.
For these reasons, if your purpose is to lose weight, i recommend you have a BMI less or equal to 30.
In this regard, you must to have a support with a nutritionist, so you can achieve the desired goal, in the most healthy way, without incressing complications risks in the plastic surgery to perform.

Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD