I recently had calf implant 8 days ago to be exact I still can't walk because my legs won't straighten.
Doctor Answers 1
Calf implants - can't get legs straight
Thank you for asking about your calf implants.
- It takes time to fully extend your legs but you should be walking right away after surgery.
- Your surgeon should show you exercises to do to straighten the calf muscles
- You may need to wear shoes with a heel for a while.
- The reason you can't walk is that the muscles are in spasm.
- For women with thin legs, it can take 3-4 weeks for the legs to fully straighten.
- For men with a lot of muscle, it takes less time, usually.
- But by not walking, you are not stretchng the muscles and you will have a longer recovery.
Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS
These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.