I recently had calf implant 8 days ago to be exact I still can't walk because my legs won't straighten.

im using a mobility scooter to travel around and to get around the house im crawling on my bum

Calf implants - can't get legs straight

Thank you for asking about your calf implants.

• It takes time to fully extend your legs but you should be walking right away after surgery. 
  • Your surgeon should show you exercises to do to straighten the calf muscles 
  • You may need to wear shoes with a heel for a while.
  • The reason you can't walk is that the muscles are in spasm.
  • For women with thin legs, it can take 3-4 weeks for the legs to fully straighten.
  • For men with a lot of muscle, it takes less time, usually.
  • But by not walking, you are not stretchng the muscles and you will have a longer recovery.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS