I'm 5ft and currently weigh 52-53kg (116lb). Am I too thin for a BBL? Should I gain weight?

I really want to have a bbl done in the very near future. I'm quite short 5ft and usually weigh b/w 52kg -56kg. Is this weight range ok to get this procedure done? I literally have no butt or hips at all and would love to get some projection as well as hips. I definitely do not want butt implants because of high complication rate. Also I'm looking for a doctor that does BBLs in Melbourne, Australia...

it is difficult to say if you are a good candidate or not without photos or an assessment. Your best bet is to seek an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon experienced with this procedure. Regards. 

Are you too thin?

Ideal candidates are at a stable weight,  in good health , and have excess fat in some parts of the body and too little in other regions.  Gaining weight before the procedure is to no advantage and when you lose weight again the fat cells will shrink just like the donor site fat cells.  Typically, the transferred fat results in a significant increase in volume of the body site being treated.

Gain weight?

Thanks for sharing your question with us. I recommend you to send your photos to give you the advices you need and want.Kind regards

Emmanuel Mallol Cotes, MD

Anyone can technically undergo a BBL. A BBL is just liposuction to various areas of the body with fat transfer to the butt and hips. If you are thin and do have a lot of excess fat, then the amount of fat that can be transferred is less. This means your results won't be as dramatic as someone who has a lot of fat to transfer. That does not mean that you won't love your results. If you truly have no butt or hips, even a moderate amount of fat transfer can make a noticeable difference.

Brazilian Butt Lift/ Fat grafting/Liposuction/ High Definition Procedures/Butt Implants

I appreciate your question. I have done many Brazilian Butt lift procedures and specialize in body contouring.  The amount of enhancement possible depends on how much fat can be harvested from your body. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon