4 weeks post op and I have a difference in breast projection.

I had my surgery 4 weeks ago (315cc under the muscle) and the past 2 weeks I have noticed some moderate asymmetry, my right breast is slight wider and has more projection (approx 3/4 of 1cm) than my left, I was AA cup before surgery and my surgeon never mentioned significant asymmetry before surgery, I'm also right handed. So my question is will this asymmetry eventually even out a little bit or have I made a huge mistake?

Breast Augmentation/Breast Implants/Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants/Breast Implant Revision

I appreciate your question. Right now, you are early on in the post op recovery period. It will take 3-6 months for you to feel comfortable having implants in your body and for them to settle. This time allows for you to physically and psychologically adapt to your new body image. There are many variables that contribute to a breast augmentation's final result. Preop size and shape, IMF location, location of the implants and type of implant. Patients heal at different rates and each breast will sometimes heal at a different rate. Rest, relax, recover and heal. Express your concerns to your surgeon so he/she can examine you. Then reassess final result at 6 months. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon #RealSelfCORESurgeon

Difference in breast projection.

Thank you for your question. Hard to comment without seeing pre and post op pictures. I recommend you to wait at least 3 months before you comment. Please express your concerns to your PS

Breast asymmetry

No two breasts are exactly the same.  It would be nice to show preop and post photos to compare the two. Best of luck.

Asymmetric Swelling

Thank you for your question. yes, some times a temporary asymmetry can present early post op because the breasts usually have slightly different anatomy and tissue volume and this creates different pressure, swelling, etc. You can expect the breasts to drop and fluff between 2-6 months post op. I recommend that you follow up with your Plastic Surgeon so that they can examine you and unsure that you don't have any issues.
All the best

Asymmetry after breast augmentation

It is still very early in your recovery.  I tell my patients that differences between the right and left may continue to be visible for up to three months after the surgery.  Remember we all have differences between our right and left sides. One side has a stronger muscle and you tend to use one arm more that the other.  This can cause swelling to increase or decrease at different rates.  Continue with your doctors recommend follow up care and massage protocol and you should start to see things even out.  

Without posting before & after photos NO way to answer. I wonder if you had slight preop asymmetry???