2 weeks post rhinoplasty and mental bone graft. Now jawline issues? (Photo)

I had an awesome rhinoplasty two weeks ago. The astute surgeon noted I had a somewhat asymmetrical chin and the plan was for a sliding genioplasty. However apparently due to intra-op bleeding, he decided on a bone graft to address a hypoplastic mandible. Now I perceive a masculine, more asymmetric and prominent chin with loss of smooth curvature of the jawline. What do you suggest?

2 weeks post op, some advices:

Thank you very much for enquire. It's too early to make value judgments with only 2 weeksdays after a rhinoplasty. Swelling after a rhinoplasty depends of the surgery complexity. In this regard, the nasal swelling Post-op It can last from two weeks to two months. To reduce this swelling, I recommend you perform delicates daily lymphatic drainage massage therapy over the face (around the nose) avoid sun exposure, and take pain/inflamation pills, as your surgeron precribe you. Kind regards,  Dr. Emmanuel Mallol Cotes.-  

Jawline abnormality

Between the swelling in the bone augmentation it is very difficult to tell how much of it is related to swelling alone.  She need to give it at least 6 weeks before you decide on any intervention.  Swelling in the chin area after bone grafts can last for up to 3 months.  If the masculine shape persists at that point then you need to get it removed.
Dr. J

Tanveer Janjua, MD
Bedminster Facial Plastic Surgeon

Jawline swelling post op

Congratulations on your rhinoplasty and jaw surgery! As far as the changes you are seeing in your jawline, give it time to settle down.  A sliding genioplasty converted into a bone graft will result in a lot of soft tissue swelling, it can take another few weeks to a month to get you 90% resolved.  You will notice improvements in the definition and a better idea of what the final result will be as swelling settles.  Keep your operating surgeon involved as they know exactly how, what and where things were placed during the surgery.  If yo are still unhappy once things settle down, you can do fine contouring with filler to get you the desired jawline and profile you want.  I hope some of this helps.  Best of luck.

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon